Photo Challenge - Clouds

12 years 6 months ago #151391 by Baydream

Shanna-Marie wrote: Ohhh my word..... I want to learn how to do that Robbie, these are magnificent ! :woohoo:

Shanna -
This site does IR conversions and has a pretty good explanation of the process.
www.lifepixel.com/?gclid=CK7d18DR0qsCFe4AQAodqlKNTA

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #151434 by chasrich

Baydream wrote:

Shanna-Marie wrote: Ohhh my word..... I want to learn how to do that Robbie, these are magnificent ! :woohoo:

Shanna -
This site does IR conversions and has a pretty good explanation of the process.
www.lifepixel.com/?gclid=CK7d18DR0qsCFe4AQAodqlKNTA

:goodpost: I saw this earlier today when it popped up.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 6 months ago #151450 by mj~shutterbugg
dun tah done-

Here are some of my contributions....

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #151466 by Joiemagic
OK, here are some more that I found... while trying to clear one of my hard drives...

I know, would have been better without the power lines... these were spur of the moment...

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #151467 by Joiemagic
WOW, I have taken a lot of CLOUD photos

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #151486 by Stealthy Ninja

photobod wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I guess you could class this as a "clouds" shot:

Click it, it looks way better big. ;)

Can you clone out the people Adrian I think it would look much more powerful without them, they are a minor distraction I know but neverthless a distraction.

Meh, maybe if I was gonna print it big. I'd clone out those two guys (my friends) on the lower left (the guys getting their cameras out of the bag).

Not for posting online though. ;)
12 years 6 months ago #151490 by Papabear63

here's a shot i did over the weekend, converted it to b&w not sure which i like better. the empire state bldg looks kind of funky in both to me.

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #151519 by robbie

Wow:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thanks Shanna,most of my images are stitch and processed with Nik plugins...no set work flow but mostly Color Efex via bw preset or Silver Efex2...Viveza2 for specific area manipulation.Fine tuning in photoshop 'exposure' filter,noise remover Define 2.0 and Lab Sharpen.
The link John posted for Lifepixel has a special,don`t know if it is still on but they are top notch,highly recommended.

12 years 6 months ago #151533 by robbie

12 years 6 months ago #151536 by Stealthy Ninja
accidentally found the matching photo to the previous one:
Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #151538 by LauraD
Heres one of mine

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #151721 by rmeyer7
Not nearly as nice as many of your submissions, but I like this photo because it reminds me of how much I enjoyed staying in Flagstaff.

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #151815 by robbie

rmeyer7 wrote: Not nearly as nice as many of your submissions, but I like this photo because it reminds me of how much I enjoyed staying in Flagstaff.

Please don`t belittle yourself...it`s beautiful.love it!!

12 years 6 months ago #151840 by Scotty

I win.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #151937 by Baydream
Clouds are the canvas on which we paint our landscapes.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024