Attachment C:\fakepath\ Errors

13 years 4 days ago #50022 by bfchris
Guys:

The C:\fakepath\ errors are a known Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 issue only.
The solution is either to run updater, and update your Javascript, or We'd suggest another browser, such as the excellent & free Firefox. www.getfirefox.com .

We'll keep you posted, and hopefully Microsoft will release an official fix shortly.

Chris

is working your interwebs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robbie, Daniella cp
13 years 4 days ago #50047 by chasrich
Bump...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 4 days ago #50188 by Baydream
Can't be. IE with issues? never mind, don't use it unless absolutely necessary. Second the motion for Firefox and I hear Chrome is coming along fine also. "In a world without fences, who needs Gates".? Then HP intros some dumb corralling feature on their desktop called "Fences". Erg. It will be leaving.
Thanks for the update Chris.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 days ago #50398 by photobod

bfchris wrote: Guys:

The C:\fakepath\ errors are a known Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 issue only.
The solution is either to run updater, and update your Javascript, or We'd suggest another browser, such as the excellent & free Firefox. www.getfirefox.com .

We'll keep you posted, and hopefully Microsoft will release an official fix shortly.

Chris

:agree: I am using firefox and I am one of the people who isnt having any problems with fake paths:thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 days ago #50403 by chasrich
Chrome user here... The only problem I have experienced is when I forget to check file size. I correct that and slip in the smaller file using edit.. No harm no foul.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 3 days ago #50525 by chasrich
Bump from page three...

12 years 11 months ago #53097 by robbie
Thanks for the update but I tried both explorer 8 & 9 with the same errors,finally download Firefox but that didn`t work either.I can upload to my Albums though.

12 years 11 months ago #53116 by Stealthy Ninja
I use Chrome, Safari and Firefox. No errors for me.
12 years 11 months ago #53313 by photobod
Not so sure that this only related to explorer 8 Chris, friends of mine are having problems posting on various servers and getting this fake path box, I have tried to suggest different things to do such as double checking file size etc but they message me saying still no joy, its a mystery by the looks of it.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #53994 by Eric
C:\fakepath\2IMG_4746.jpg

I also get the following page error every time that I hit the "Reply to topic" button.

Webpage error details

Line: 3
Char: 103099
Code: 0
URI: www.photographytalk.com/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js

I have tried to upload using 4 different browsers IE8(which worked originally than not than again than no more), IE9, Firefox, Chrome. I have used two different computers, one a 64 bit system and the other a 32 bit system. All my photos are properly sized and named, in fact photos that I uploaded at first are no longer able to upload! My Java script is the most updated version available so I also know that is not the problem. What gives?

12 years 11 months ago #55958 by Special Occasions
Bummer. I'm actually using Google Chrome and I got the fakepath error. :-(

12 years 11 months ago #56005 by chasrich
Another possibility might be bandwidth. Is there a timer that expires if a upload takes too long? Just a thought but one I am willing to help prove if someone that has tried EVERYTHING wants to email me their photo I will attempt to post it. [email protected]

Mention you want it uploaded to this thread.

12 years 11 months ago #56033 by Stealthy Ninja
Microsoft fail? :whistle:
12 years 11 months ago #56760 by robbie
bump!

12 years 11 months ago #56762 by photobod
Would like to hear Chris come back on this as he seemed to think it was only related to Internet Explorer 8, now that people are getting this same fault with other browsers it would be interesting to see if any further fixes have been found, unfortunately for some the competition could be over by the time a fix is found. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024