photographing girls

13 years 4 months ago #10768 by jeffries90210
I'm in a new high school and I want to photograph the girls for a class project. Trouble is two-fold. I'm shy and I find it difficult to talk to girls. Any suggestions?

13 years 4 months ago #10864 by Solstar
Well admittedly I may not be the best source for advice on talking to girls but I'll give it a shot. Use the tools you have at your disposal...social networking. Put the word out on what you you want to do and see what happens. If you have a girl you are comfortable with then she may be able to help you bridge the gap as well as making the girls feel more comfortable during the process.

Good luck!

13 years 4 months ago #10949 by sarahpepco
Find one girl who is in your class that you like to photograph. Ask her what her hobbies are, what her favorite subject is, if she needs help in the class, or if she understand tonight homework. First you need to start the conversation before you bring up "I want to take your picture".

If you are not comfortable talking to girls, when you take their pictures, the pictures won't look good. Not because you are no good, but because you were not comfortable and in return that transfers over to the model. You as a photographer need to be relax, be comfortable and have fun to have a great photoshoot.

13 years 4 months ago #11079 by mari_mari
In today's politically correct world, that might be tough. First, I would get written permission from the school. Second join a camera club and place some sort of notice on the students' bulletin board. Third, find one location, either outside - maybe in plain sight of the school - if the weather cooperates. If you can't take the photos outside, get permission to use an indoor location like an unused classroom, the gym or so forth.

And to be extra-extra careful - don't be alone with just one girl. Make sure there are always other females around.

13 years 4 months ago #11106 by scarman1313
Just take photos of hookers they work cheap.

13 years 4 months ago #11108 by Scotty

scarman1313 wrote: Just take photos of hookers they work cheap.

lol.

www.modelmayhem.com is your friend to the OP.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #11443 by darcy44
From a woman's point of view, might I add that you need to be very careful. No one wants any misunderstandings. Make sure you get written permission from the model. model release forms are available at most camera stores and/or the internet. Keep away from doing anything too sexy. And if she's not 18 - you don't even start to take a picture without one of her parents there and after she and they have both given you written permission.

13 years 4 months ago #11447 by Rob pix4u2

darcy44 wrote: From a woman's point of view, might I add that you need to be very careful. No one wants any misunderstandings. Make sure you get written permission from the model. model release forms are available at most camera stores and/or the internet. Keep away from doing anything too sexy. And if she's not 18 - you don't even start to take a picture without one of her parents there and after she and they have both given you written permission.

Boy is this subject a can of worms to open-you could get into a photo club or camera class emphasizing model photography, as far as being comfortable talking to girls get on Facebook and network first to get contacts, then when you do photograph have the model bring along props from her hobbies for the both of you to work with. Organize your shoot around the things the model feels comfortable with and in a location you all feel comfortable in.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024