Prints for personal use?

12 years 10 months ago #109548 by KenMan
Where are you getting prints made for your personal photos? I would like to take about 17 photos and have them printed and framed. I was thinking about getting one of those printers that will print the 13x19 prints, but then I want prints of different sizes. Is it better to buy them w/ frames online or will shipping be crazy because of the frames?

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #109563 by Henry Peach
I use Mpix.com for prints. They'll frame your prints too, although I've not ordered frames from them before. I can vouch for the prints, they're very nice!
12 years 10 months ago #109574 by liam
i use mpix.com or millerslab.com
12 years 10 months ago #109579 by kyclover237
I have ordered many prints from mpix and one framed. They have all come out great.

vintagecloverphoto.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #109621 by Rob pix4u2
Guess I just like to do my own printing and framing here at home. I print on an EPSON printer and get frames from a local shop

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #109639 by Johnnie
I print 8x0 and below if needed, other wise I use H&H Pro Lab. Meridian Pro is also very good.

12 years 10 months ago #109771 by Joves

Rob pix4u2 wrote: Guess I just like to do my own printing and framing here at home. I print on an EPSON printer and get frames from a local shop

:agree:
I too print my own on my Pixma, you dont have to print at the largest size. For frames I ether buy them or make them, same for Mattes I cut my own.

12 years 10 months ago #109900 by Foggy

Johnnie wrote: I print 8x0 and below if needed, other wise I use H&H Pro Lab. Meridian Pro is also very good.

:agree: H&H :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #109902 by crystal
I print my own. I have never used a lab for my own prints. I have a Epson Stylus 1280 prints 13x19 (still have it, if you would like to buy it). I have printed several 13x19 and many smaller prints, I have also printed canvas. Just yesterday I got the new Epson Stylus R2000 prints 13x19.

The 1280 prints excellent quality, been using up until I got the R2000.
If I want a larger print then what my printer can handle, I would order thru mpix.
12 years 10 months ago #109904 by crystal

Rob pix4u2 wrote: Guess I just like to do my own printing and framing here at home. I print on an EPSON printer and get frames from a local shop

I'm the same way Rob. I love printing my own work. Then either my husband will make the frames, or I just buy a frame. I have not yet printed thru a lab for my own photos. IMO, if one is going to spend the $ on a wide format printer,....then one should use it. :)
12 years 10 months ago #109905 by crystal
Printers have come such a long way...compare to back in the 1990s, that printing your own is well worth it. IMO.
12 years 10 months ago #109910 by Rob pix4u2
I have found that the quality of home prints now rivals lab prints and you can get some pretty exotic papers for your home printer as well as canvas and other materials.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024