Ever been to your high school reunion?

12 years 9 months ago #112659 by Nikonjan
The last two days I spent at my 40th HS reunion. I have to say they get better the older you get. Facebook really helped us all connect and share memories and photos. Have you gone to any of yours? Care to share your experience at them? I swore I would never go to another one but glad I did.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 9 months ago #112688 by effron
I went to my tenth, oh so long ago, and swore off reunions after that one. I was stunned by the number of old friends that died in SE Asia, and how many had already been married and divorced at such an early age............:(

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112692 by Nikonjan
We had a memory board with photos of the deceased. Pretty sad. I found that as we aged we have grown more mellow so even if we didn't know each other before we made an effort to talk to almost everyone that came.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 9 months ago #112698 by Screamin Scott
My 40th was about 5 years ago, but I haven't been to any of mine...I graduated in Maryland & have lived down here in Georgia for the last 20 years...Wasn't worth it to fly or drive back up for such a short stay & all of my close relatives have long since passed...Only some cousins remain...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112744 by fotozone
I have never been to any of mine and I still live in the same area I am just not interested in going.
12 years 9 months ago #112927 by crystal
My class never had a reunion. Our 10yr would have been last summer. No one seems to be interested in having one. Several have kept in touch over the years. And thanks to facebook, many more have been catching up. So I think some people don't think there is a need for a reunion.

I, on the other hand barely seen anyone from HS and wish there was a 10yr. Now the class of 93 is having a reunion for classes 1985-2005 this September. Many of the people I know said they don't plan on going. The tickets are too much, and that's alot of people.
12 years 9 months ago #112930 by crystal

Nikonjan wrote: We had a memory board with photos of the deceased. Pretty sad. I found that as we aged we have grown more mellow so even if we didn't know each other before we made an effort to talk to almost everyone that came.

There is a facebook page of those who have died from my class. Which is really sad, seeing I'm not even 30 yet. Several died before the age of 25. :(
12 years 9 months ago #112934 by Johnnie
I graduated from High School 43 years ago and College 32 years ago and I have never attended a class reunion. Why? I travelled in the military for many of them and when I came home just never had the desire to do so.

12 years 9 months ago #112977 by Dori
Nope, never been, just not interested.

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 9 months ago #112985 by Nod
My 50th was this year and I have never gone to any of them. In fact, I haven't even seen or talked to any of my classmates in all those years. There were only 10 of us in our class, all of us went from kindergarten through 12 th grade together. I heard that 5 out of the 10 are dead.

12 years 9 months ago #113001 by mj~shutterbugg
Nope, and don't plan on it. I was such an outcast in high school that I can't imagine trying to blend in with them. Plus they charged a ton for two tickets so much so that I thought the tickets were better spent buying equipment.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 9 months ago #113015 by JennyPenny
I'm sorry, but what does this question have to do with photography? Maybe you posted this in the wrong section, as it would work well in the Lounge section. :)

12 years 9 months ago #113949 by Alex
I have a 20 year reunion in 2012. I didn't go to my 10 year, not sure if I would make it to that one :whistle:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113956 by Baydream

Alex wrote: I have a 20 year reunion in 2012. I didn't go to my 10 year, not sure if I would make it to that one :whistle:

Do it. I have had every one (every 5 years) except the last one (45th) when I was 1200 mile away.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113965 by PT Admin
Next year would have been my 20 year HS reunion but we had a combined reunion for the classes 'of 89-'93 last year. I bought the tickets but ended up not going because of work commitments. I sort of regret it now..

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024