Let's see your home studios

13 years 3 months ago #12156 by crystal
I don't have a home studio. Everything I shoot is outdoors. If there is something I plan to shoot inside, then I set up lights, reflector, table etc..
13 years 3 months ago #12367 by Conner

Alex wrote: Welcome to the site. Here is what I have for a home studio, I have a number of stands, diffusers, back drops, Photoflex softboxes and Photogenic 3 Strobe Light Web Kit which includes a pretty cool 24" Smith Victor Shooting Table. One of my favorite tools is a Manfrotto Magic Arm. I have this holding up the light on the right hand side. So many ways to use this.

Now those white screens are suppose to spread out the light making it less harsh right?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12462 by Stealthy Ninja

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: [I envy you having the space to do even a simple setup like that.

In Hong Kong space is tight (I guess having 3 kids doesn't help matters... oh and our maid takes up a room...). ;)

Must be nice to have a maid. :ohmy:

LOL I know to people from the US or Australia or England and other such places (New Zealand). HAving a maid seems like "wow that dude's rich" LOL.

In HK having a maid isn't too expensive and even relatively poor people have them (they mainly come from Indonesia and the Philippines). You see we don't have the daycare system here so that's the alternative.

That said... yes it's nice to have a maid. I haven't washed the dishes in years. When I do it's actually fun because I forgot what it's like. :lol:
13 years 3 months ago #12465 by Conner

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: [I envy you having the space to do even a simple setup like that.

In Hong Kong space is tight (I guess having 3 kids doesn't help matters... oh and our maid takes up a room...). ;)

LOL I know to people from the US or Australia or England and other such places (New Zealand). HAving a maid seems like "wow that dude's rich" LOL.

In HK having a maid isn't too expensive and even relatively poor people have them (they mainly come from Indonesia and the Philippines). You see we don't have the daycare system here so that's the alternative.

That said... yes it's nice to have a maid. I haven't washed the dishes in years. When I do it's actually fun because I forgot what it's like. :lol:

That would be the life! LOL I just did the dishes and I can't stand having to do them! :S

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12500 by Stealthy Ninja

Conner wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

That would be the life! LOL I just did the dishes and I can't stand having to do them! :S

Well HK life isn't for everyone. At least you (probably) live in a house with a yard and own a car etc. Also you probably have plenty of time on the weekends. In HK they're the busiest times.
13 years 3 months ago #12577 by Silver Fox

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Conner wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Well HK life isn't for everyone. At least you (probably) live in a house with a yard and own a car etc. Also you probably have plenty of time on the weekends. In HK they're the busiest times.

Now why is that? Time off is time off right?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12824 by Alex

Moossmann wrote: What flash are you using?

Sorry missed your question! I have a SB-800

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13001 by Moossmann

Alex wrote:

Moossmann wrote: What flash are you using?

Sorry missed your question! I have a SB-800

;) That's a pretty good flash. For people that don't have flash experience are those pretty easy to use or learn at least?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13360 by Stealthy Ninja

Silver Fox wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Conner wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Not the way HK works. People in HK generally work harder and do more things than people in other countries (by working "harder" I mean "work long hours").

Generally speaking people don't leave work till after their boss leaves. Which means they hang out at work trying to look busy LOL.

On the weekends they fill their time with activities they can't do on the week days. Which means usually a lot of classes for kids (if you have a family). Or doing shopping, going out with friends etc. if you're single (I know people do that in Western countries. But it's just harder to relax and do nothing in this culture.

Basically, it's a busy, busy place.
13 years 3 months ago #13363 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Silver Fox wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Conner wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Not the way HK works. People in HK generally work harder and do more things than people in other countries (by working "harder" I mean "work long hours").

Generally speaking people don't leave work till after their boss leaves. Which means they hang out at work trying to look busy LOL.

On the weekends they fill their time with activities they can't do on the week days. Which means usually a lot of classes for kids (if you have a family). Or doing shopping, going out with friends etc. if you're single (I know people do that in Western countries. But it's just harder to relax and do nothing in this culture.

Somehow you manage to do a lot of nothing adrian hahahaha.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13367 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Silver Fox wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Conner wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Well I fit into the "look busy" category. ;)

Like I said, working long hours ≠ working hard. ;) The system here is dumb. They'd be better off letting people leave at 5 and forcing companies to pay overtime (so they'd force people to leave at 5 ;) ). That way people could have more spare time.

Also, traveling around HK during peak hour is pretty tough. The public transport is great, but the crowds are phenomenal.
13 years 3 months ago #13409 by Moossmann

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Silver Fox wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Conner wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Like I said, working long hours ≠ working hard. ;) The system here is dumb. They'd be better off letting people leave at 5 and forcing companies to pay overtime (so they'd force people to leave at 5 ;) ). That way people could have more spare time.

Also, traveling around HK during peak hour is pretty tough. The public transport is great, but the crowds are phenomenal.

Do you travel far to get to work?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13411 by Stealthy Ninja

Moossmann wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Silver Fox wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Conner wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Do you travel far to get to work?

Mmm about 1 hour by bus.
13 years 3 months ago #13420 by Moossmann
Total per day or is that just one way?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13425 by Stealthy Ninja

Moossmann wrote: Total per day or is that just one way?

One way.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024