Crazy or Worst things that have happened while out shooting photos?

13 years 3 months ago #12174 by Rawley Photos
I got kicked off a business park parking lot yesterday. The rental cop started to give me attitude and then threatened to arrest me. I started laughing and made a comment about his pepper spray being his weapon of choice. I think this just aggravated him further. If you saw this guy you would understand why I laughed, he looked like Barney off of the Andy Griffin show and had a voice and authority kick like him also!

So we all have heard, "keep shooting till you get kicked off", well this is the first time I've been kicked off a property.

Let's here your stories, or better yet what is the worst thing that has happened to you while photographing? Arrested, fight, fined, etc.??

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12197 by crystal
Actually I've been lucky. I never been arrested, fine or kicked out. I think most of the time no one notices me or they don't care. But I have heard of horror stories from photographers who went through hell just because they had a camera, a bigger camera then the typical tourist.
13 years 3 months ago #12231 by Scotty
I've had homeland security put a profile me in their system and tell me i might get flagged at airports.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12234 by Karl Wertanen

Scotty wrote: I've had homeland security put a profile me in their system and tell me i might get flagged at airports.

I see those guys everywhere! (Big Brother is watching you! lol! or is it Big sis :blink: )
Where were ya? W/in the last year they set up a new DHS post on West Jefferson and Gibraltar rd in Gibraltar.
13 years 3 months ago #12235 by themofo

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Scotty wrote: I've had homeland security put a profile me in their system and tell me i might get flagged at airports.

I see those guys everywhere! (Big Brother is watching you! lol! or is it Big sis :blink: )
Where were ya? W/in the last year they set up a new DHS post on West Jefferson and Gibraltar rd in Gibraltar.

It's Big Brother.

13 years 3 months ago #12236 by themofo
BTW, Rawley, I really like your profile image. Did you take it?

13 years 3 months ago #12240 by Karl Wertanen

themofo wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

It's Big Brother.

LOL, I think you're right.. Big sis really is a brother..
13 years 3 months ago #12242 by Rob pix4u2
I've been given extra scrutiny because I have press credentials with me all the time so I don't get arrested. Worst thing was not being admitted to an arena with my gear because it was "pro" camera gear and it took an hour and a visit with the media director to get my credentials straigtened out in Orlando Florida several years ago.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago #12246 by Karl Wertanen

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I've been given extra scrutiny because I have press credentials with me all the time so I don't get arrested. Worst thing was not being admitted to an arena with my gear because it was "pro" camera gear and it took an hour and a visit with the media director to get my credentials straigtened out in Orlando Florida several years ago.

uhhg! :S
13 years 3 months ago #12251 by athday00
I've been asked by police to stop taking photos of an accident. To this day I really don't know what the big deal was.

13 years 3 months ago #12309 by Scotty

Karl Wertanen wrote:

West River road in Grosse ile. Was doing a sunset of the bridge, the power plant was behind it. It's a possible terror target, it's just protocol. They knew I wasn't doing anything wrong, but they were covering their own ass which is fine.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12328 by Jeffster

Do tell! Let's here it B)

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12414 by KZAM

athday00 wrote: I've been asked by police to stop taking photos of an accident. To this day I really don't know what the big deal was.

Were you in their way or taking photos of sensitive situations?

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12447 by Stealthy Ninja
Mmm I guess being a white guy in Hong Kong has it's advantages. The worst thing that's happened to me is I've been told to stop taking photos in a concert hall. Despite all the other people with their P&S cameras and Mobile Phones, I was the one picked on.

Big white Canon lenses are a magnet for security. Just another reason why I switched to Nikon. :p ;)
13 years 3 months ago #12471 by scarman1313
I was shooting some jewelry for insurance and the Hisband of the woman whose jewelry I was shooting asked if I would also take nude photos of his wife for $500

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024