Scott Kelby photo walk

12 years 9 months ago #124183 by Pixelchix
Is anyone going on the Scott Kelby photo walk in your area this year. Ours isn't until Oct. I have gone the last 2 years and it is a blast

12 years 9 months ago #124200 by crystal
I thought about going last year, but never did. Completely forgot about it this year, thanks for the reminder. :)
12 years 9 months ago #124269 by I love cats

Pixelchix wrote: Is anyone going on the Scott Kelby photo walk in your area this year. Ours isn't until Oct. I have gone the last 2 years and it is a blast

What are these photo walks like? I never been on one. How long does it last?

12 years 9 months ago #124273 by Baydream
I went on one last Oct in Truro and it was a lot of fun. The "walks" are organized locally. Ours was about 3 hours, then we met for lunch.
Check for one in your area.
worldwidephotowalk.com/

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #124274 by I love cats

Baydream wrote: I went on one last Oct in Truro and it was a lot of fun. The "walks" are organized locally. Ours was about 3 hours, then we met for lunch.
Check for one in your area.
worldwidephotowalk.com/

Thanks, but I still like to know what the walks are like, what to expect? Knowing they are alot of fun is great but didn't answer my question.

12 years 9 months ago #124281 by Pixelchix
Ours lasts about 2 hrs. in a designated area by the local group leader. You basically walk around for 2 hrs taking photo's of whatever. It is just a chance to get together with your fellow photogs and do what we do best. You get out of it what you put into it. The leader of our groups gathers all of the pictures our group takes and picks a winner for our group and then uploads the groups best to the Scott Kelby site.

12 years 9 months ago #124286 by I love cats

Pixelchix wrote: Ours lasts about 2 hrs. in a designated area by the local group leader. You basically walk around for 2 hrs taking photo's of whatever. It is just a chance to get together with your fellow photogs and do what we do best. You get out of it what you put into it. The leader of our groups gathers all of the pictures our group takes and picks a winner for our group and then uploads the groups best to the Scott Kelby site.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to hear, just some more information is all. Thank You. :)

12 years 9 months ago #124288 by Jol3n0b
That does sound like fun. I should check it out and see if there is one in my area. Thanks for posting this.

12 years 9 months ago #124331 by chasrich
:woohoo: I just signed up for the walk in Mt. Dora, FL.

:goodpost: Thanks for mentioning this.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #124543 by neal1977
That was a good click, just saved that site and will be signing up for one walk myself

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #124548 by Baydream

I love cats wrote:

Pixelchix wrote: Ours lasts about 2 hrs. in a designated area by the local group leader. You basically walk around for 2 hrs taking photo's of whatever. It is just a chance to get together with your fellow photogs and do what we do best. You get out of it what you put into it. The leader of our groups gathers all of the pictures our group takes and picks a winner for our group and then uploads the groups best to the Scott Kelby site.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to hear, just some more information is all. Thank You. :)

Sorry, misunderstood your question. Pixelchix has it right. We met in a designated location and walked a historic part of town, each capturing things we thought unique. Made us look at the town a bit differently and "fed off" each others ideas. We walked in large groups, then smaller, then met at a designated place. Great fun.

By the way, definitely was not signing up for the walk last year in Kabul (yes, it was listed). Takes shooting to a whole new level.

Sample shots:

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #124700 by Pettigrew
What a great way to get out and meet other photographers :thumbsup:

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #124885 by Gene.Culley

Pettigrew wrote: What a great way to get out and meet other photographers :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing!

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #124889 by Baydream
I sent the notice to our club president in Richmond, VA and he was looking into a walk down there. It was relaxing and enjoyable.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #124992 by Photo Mojo
How many people show up at these thing?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024