Does your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband approve of your photography hobby and...

13 years 3 months ago #14858 by Monster
The time you spend at it? I spent a couple hours last night messing around with my camera. On the way to work this morning the wife made a crack about I spend more time with my camera then her? :blink: Honestly I don't spend that much time playing around with my hobby. Hmmm I'm wondering if there was something she wanted me to do last night?

Anyone else have spouses making comments like this?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #14861 by crystal
My husband approves. Matter of fact he encourages, supports me. It also helps that we both are into photography, but it's more my thing. :)
13 years 3 months ago #14900 by Travel Nut
Depends on the mood she is in :lol:

13 years 3 months ago #14902 by Rob pix4u2
My wife supports it and she is a photographer too, though she is more into landscape work than sports like me. we make a picnic breakfast and get up early to shoot when we are in the mountains - it's good together time even if she doesn't feel like setting up and working as much as me.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #14914 by bhowdy
My wife is very supportive of my hobby. I photograph primarily wildlife with landscapes and other nature items as well. We plan our vacations and long weekend trips around visits to National Parks, National and State Wildlife Refuges and she is right along with me more times than not.

She doesn't care anything about taking a picture, but likes what I take (even the not so good ones) and has become a great "spotter" .... I will get the look look look ... sometimes she is not sure what it is (especially birds) but she knows that it is something that I may want to see / photograph.

When it comes to photo gear we work inside of our household budget and she has been very helpful in saving and letting me get "stuff" that I really really need!! She does tell me that she doesn't want to know the total value of all that "stuff."

I'm lucky to have a great partner and friend.

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 3 months ago #15177 by Alex
Considering I'm glued behind the computer most of the time, my fiancee is very happy to see me get out.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15183 by photobod
MY wife and I are seperated now, but that had nothing to do with photography, she was always supportive on that front, and she was my assistant at weddings, a bloody good one too, always spotted stray hairs, loose buttons, sprays on the wrong side etc, as for buying gear, if I needed it she was the one to push me to buy it, couoldnt have asked for more support, she has even suggested that she will still assist me at weddings, but I think thats because she likes the champagne more than anything else haha :woohoo:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #15203 by Stealthy Ninja
It's my thing I do with my own money, so yeah she allows it.. ;)
13 years 3 months ago #15238 by Hamtastic
No issues here, at least right now :whistle:

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15277 by Stealthy Ninja

Hamtastic wrote: No issues here, at least right now :whistle:

LOL

You know it's amazing how my 40D evolved into a 5DII and then a 1DIV and then a D3s... just incredible.

;)
13 years 3 months ago #15368 by Alex

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

LOL

You know it's amazing how my 40D evolved into a 5DII and then a 1DIV and then a D3s... just incredible.

;)

That's called evolution :)

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15377 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

LOL

;)

That's called evolution :)

Camera evolution is great. ;)
13 years 3 months ago #15389 by studioaphoto
My wife works with me a lot of the time. She doesn't do as many landscapes as I do, but she pushes me out the door on a lot of days to go shoot. Most wives tell their husbands they love them, mine says "Go get a money shot" the she looks at me and says "You know what I mean" I think in our relationship we really try to nurture each others interests in photography.

Tanis
13 years 3 months ago #15397 by Alex

studioaphoto wrote: My wife works with me a lot of the time. She doesn't do as many landscapes as I do, but she pushes me out the door on a lot of days to go shoot. Most wives tell their husbands they love them, mine says "Go get a money shot" the she looks at me and says "You know what I mean" I think in our relationship we really try to nurture each others interests in photography.

Your work is amazing! Keep the photos coming to the gallery here!

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15597 by Homer
As long as I balance everything she is OK about my hobbies. If I stop making time for family and spending that time with my hobbies only, then we will have problems.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024