Suggestions on making a toy seem BIG, and Destructive

12 years 6 months ago #154962 by pics cool
My son has this monster truck toy he is absolutely in love with. I would like to take a picture of it for his room. I want this picture to convey how he feels about it. He loves it because it is tough, fast, can run over other toys. But it is just a little truck, haha.

Do you have any suggestions that may help me out?

12 years 6 months ago #154963 by butterflygirl921
I would zoom in and get down on the floor and try to take a picture from a worms eye view of the truck

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #154966 by photobod
Definately needs a low down perspective to make the truck appear huge, if it has a tipper on the back fill it with sand and raise it so the sand is trickling out and try a 2 second exposure to get the movement, use a wide aperture to blur out the background so there are no distractions, you could also take some of his small cars and put them under the wheels as though it was crushing them.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #154967 by Ali Stair
I would suggest putting it on the floor, nice and far away from any wall or background. Then place some smaller cars/toys behind it, about half the distance between the background and the truck.

Then set your lens to it's widest setting (18mm) and get up close to the truck, laying on the ground. This will exaggerate the distance of the truck from the wall, and make the cars behind it seem smaller. (Behind, but to the side of the truck so you can see them).

12 years 6 months ago #154969 by G edge
Take it out into the yard, get it a little muddy, and put it in a mud puddle or something. Maybe even set up some action figures such as GI Joes around it. Get down nice a low and shoot it from the ground.

12 years 6 months ago #154971 by pics cool
This is awesome hearing all these ideas. I can't wait to do this mini photoshoot. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

12 years 6 months ago #155013 by Dori
Please post the shots when you do them! I look forward to seeing them!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 6 months ago #155020 by pics cool

Dori wrote: Please post the shots when you do them! I look forward to seeing them!

I will. I hope I can get them as awesome as the ideas sounds.

12 years 6 months ago #155022 by Dori
:thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 6 months ago #155071 by chasrich
Prop the truck up in some action positions with a stiff wire. Doing a wheelie or turning on two wheels or even jumping off a ramp (use wire to suspend in mid air. Then go back later to clone out the supports or wires. Yes - use the other toys as props to enhance the awesome power and monstority (NWA) of this dynamic truck.

Later you might go in and add some text or perhaps his name.

:woohoo: :thumbsup: We do wanna see what you come up with... Go for it.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 6 months ago #155084 by pics cool

chasrich wrote: Prop the truck up in some action positions with a stiff wire. Doing a wheelie or turning on two wheels or even jumping off a ramp (use wire to suspend in mid air. Then go back later to clone out the supports or wires. Yes - use the other toys as props to enhance the awesome power and monstority (NWA) of this dynamic truck.

Later you might go in and add some text or perhaps his name.

:woohoo: :thumbsup: We do wanna see what you come up with... Go for it.

Wow, really talk about getting into some action there. I'm not sure if I could pull that off, but if I could my son would love it. I'm going to try everything that was mention here, if the pics turn out great I may have to print more then just one for his room. lol

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024