Market place

12 years 6 months ago #156160 by photobod
This was for a photography college course I did about 30 years ago

Critique if you wish

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #156166 by Duck Tape
I think it's nicely done. Good composition, shows a story. The only thing I see wrong is, it appears the guys face is a tad on the red side, not sure if he's hot, angry or reflection from the tomatoes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: photobod
12 years 6 months ago #156231 by photobod

Duck Tape wrote: I think it's nicely done. Good composition, shows a story. The only thing I see wrong is, it appears the guys face is a tad on the red side, not sure if he's hot, angry or reflection from the tomatoes.

Defo reflection from said tomatoes, this was with film so no joy of a rear screen to check what you have, oh the joys of digital photography :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :banana: :banana: :banana:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #156401 by Frank The Tank
Just exactly how long have you been in photography? :watching: :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #156559 by HyperJ

Frank The Tank wrote: Just exactly how long have you been in photography? :watching: :thumbsup:

haha, yea that's what I was thinking 30yrs ago..Just how old are you? lol j/k It's an excellent image now, and for back then in your college days. To be honest, there's nothing I would change. I love how the tomatoes just jump out of the image. Did you have to develop the photos you shot back in college?

12 years 6 months ago #156582 by boriqua latina
i like your photo , yea i agree the mans face is a bit red as well..

The following user(s) said Thank You: photobod
12 years 6 months ago #156653 by photobod

Frank The Tank wrote: Just exactly how long have you been in photography? :watching: :thumbsup:

Err about 45 years if you mean when did I get my first camera, ooh that makes me feel old, only 55 tho :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 6 months ago #156654 by photobod

HyperJ wrote:

haha, yea that's what I was thinking 30yrs ago..Just how old are you? lol j/k It's an excellent image now, and for back then in your college days. To be honest, there's nothing I would change. I love how the tomatoes just jump out of the image. Did you have to develop the photos you shot back in college?

Oh yes the good old darkroom days what fun

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 6 months ago #157127 by boriqua latina
I miss the darkroom too...

12 years 6 months ago #157130 by orion
Ah the good old darkroom days, mixing chemicals, getting the right temperatures, spending hours getting prints done.....still got all my darkroom equipment. Joys of modern technology now. Does anyone still use the old darkroom stuff anymore?

12 years 6 months ago #157137 by boriqua latina
Three months ago I threw away so many darkroom accessories, just everything I mean everything I had stored in boxes, but what was I gonna do with it.....everythings digital now..

12 years 6 months ago #157142 by orion
Coming back to the photo, i like it, tells a story, but i think i would have tried to get down to his level, the redness in his face isnt a problem, dont forget at markets they usually have canopys over the goods. Still nice pic. Hey remember checking the old colour charts and altering cyan, magenta and cyan on the enlarger head....dave we're showing our ages now!!! :lol: :lol:

12 years 6 months ago #157149 by photobod
old fogeys together :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: thanks for the nice comments :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 6 months ago #157168 by icepics
The color does seem more vibrant than my photos from almost that long ago, but then I have some that turned orange! LOL I never did any color processing but yeah, I'd been doing B&W darkroom work until fairly recently (the local university that had a darkroom available discontinued it because the building's being renovated). I learned some darkroom skills when I was younger and took a workshop several years ago which got me into it. Now I'm starting to accumulate equipment to set up my own at home.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #157172 by photobod
Sold all my stuff at a car boot sale about 5 years ago now I am itching to give it another go and cursing myself. :evil: :evil: :evil:

www.dcimages.org.uk

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024