Fall color excursion

12 years 6 months ago #158507 by Screamin Scott
Headed out shortly to the North Georgia Mountains looking for some Fall color. We'll be going to Dahlonega (about a 2 hour trip)...I'll check back in when we get home later....Anyone else going out shooting for Fall leaves?

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #158543 by Francis
I wanted to this weekend, but we have a water leak on the 2nd floor of out house. A pipe broke in one of our walls. :evil: we have a big mess to clean, plus 3 walls and 1 ceiling was damaged. I hope next weekend to get out.

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #158702 by I shoot RAW
I wanted to, but got side tracked today with some indoors honey-dos. How did you shots turn out today?

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #158703 by Screamin Scott
Ouch Francis....That's no fun...Hope it isn't too costly to fix....We just got back a little bit ago & I didn't get to shoot much as we were in the antique shops & at the Outlet Mall (it was our anniversary this weekend as well & the better half wanted some fun)...Sooooo, we are going to go to a more local State park next weekend (taking the dog as well) & I know I'll get some shots there....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #158716 by Baydream

Screamin Scott wrote: I didn't get to shoot much as we were in the antique shops & at the Outlet Mall (it was our anniversary this weekend as well & the better half wanted some fun)...Sooooo, we are going to go to a more local State park next weekend (taking the dog as well) & I know I'll get some shots there....

:rofl: Just a few changers here so far, Didn't have time to drive to the mountains - besides I thinks half the state is there this weekend,. Guess I will "think local" and have scouted a few spots.
Big chili/chowder/BBQ yesterday for American Cancer Society, My daughter-in-law won best overall for her Garlic pulled pork and my son's band, "Nekkid Country" provided the sounds. Guess who got the job of photo/video? Think I'll check out the leaves during the week.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #158741 by Joves
I have been going out to some extent. Here in N.Az we have three or four different peak times due to elevation. I went out today and will most likely go out next weekend too. Two weeks ago we had both snow and color.

12 years 6 months ago #158815 by crystal
Been out the last couple of weeks. Pretty much everything around me, has already fallen. Some trees may still have leaves which have not turned, some have turn but are dull. This season for my area is not a good Autumn.
12 years 6 months ago #158817 by mj~shutterbugg
I am with Crystal- this was not a good season here around me in Ohio. They were green, yellow or brown. No definition and no pop. I am thinking it was due to all our rain.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 6 months ago #158818 by crystal

mj~shutterbugg wrote: I am with Crystal- this was not a good season here around me in Ohio. They were green, yellow or brown. No definition and no pop. I am thinking it was due to all our rain.

:agree: We got so much rain and having a flood, I just think it was too much for the trees.
12 years 6 months ago #158946 by BigBen
I'm going out later this week to photograph some fall. It's my favorite time of the year.

12 years 6 months ago #158949 by Monster
I went out, but didn't find the "shot". I hope to head out this weekend

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024