Do clients really like certain looks?

12 years 6 months ago #158912 by Tam
I have came across several photographers on facebook who over saturated photos, or over exposed with vignette.

I personally do not like these type of styles, but I am wondering if this is what "today's" clients are liking? Has anyone been ask from the client to really change an affect to the image? I'm not talking about making a person skinny/fat. I am talking about the color tone. saturated, over/under exposed etc..

12 years 6 months ago #158920 by BigBen
I do not like those type of editing styles. I could never bring myself to edit a photo like that just to please the client. IMO, it ruins the photo and I want the client to have my style of work, not some over saturated photo.

12 years 6 months ago #158947 by Scotty
Clients all look for a certain look, otherwise they could take them themselves.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #158989 by KCook
I'm Ok with all of the styles picked on above. The styles that I just do not get are very pale colors, and grunge. Both of which seem to be in vogue these days.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 6 months ago #159042 by photobod
I would say that 75% of my clients ask to give them a better tan or deepen the color in there hair, thats weddings and portraits. :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #159054 by Henry Peach
I haven't been asked to change my photos in those ways, but I assume most clients look at the photographer's portfolio before hiring them, and if they don't like what they see they look elsewhere. Those styles and effects aren't demonstrated in my portfolio.
12 years 6 months ago #159089 by We Design Albums.com
Many clients want what they see in magazines, what is hot at this moment.

I personally think it can be cool if done on the the right image.

I have also seen many photographs that were simply not technically executed qualified as "artistic".

The client knows what they want.

We Design Albums.com
1-800-932-5286

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #159115 by Stealthy Ninja
Just HDR everything. Everyone loves HDR. :blink:

:rolleyes

Personally I think if you can blur the background and make the image nice and sharp. Add some contrast and boost the saturation up (not too much of course). Then you have a look that most people will like. :thumbsup:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024