Do you carry your manual with you?

12 years 5 months ago #172899 by chasrich
A good question might be do you read the manual you carry with you... :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #172978 by Henry Peach
I used to, but I never used them. Now I leave them in the bathroom, and I end up rereading through them every few months. :)
12 years 5 months ago #172981 by Whyme

effron wrote: Never. I have a photobert cheat and I printed off these...........
www.outthereimages.com/images/D7000_Setup_Guide.pdf

you can google for your camera....

Besides that pdf being a single piece of paper, what's the difference between that and the manual?

12 years 5 months ago #173018 by KCook
Outthereimages gives settings for a particular subject / scene. Manuals are organized differently. They discuss each control separately. And may or may not suggest settings for particular scenes. I like to play with settings myself, so I prefer the manual.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 5 months ago #173052 by KZAM
If I knew where it was I would have it with me :rofl:

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #173133 by effron

Whyme wrote:

effron wrote: Never. I have a photobert cheat and I printed off these...........
www.outthereimages.com/images/D7000_Setup_Guide.pdf

you can google for your camera....

Besides that pdf being a single piece of paper, what's the difference between that and the manual?

Well, one page vs. over 400?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #173134 by Dori
I carry mine as well. The times I don't have it are when I need it to use a little used function.

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago #173169 by Happy Snapper
I use to, not any more

Gripped Nikon D810 --- Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 --- Sigma 10-20mm f/4 --- Nikon 50mm f/1.4 --- SB600
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #173313 by Meskill
Mine has become bathroom reading material too :whistle:

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #173401 by JoAnne Muzila
I have 2 manuals because I lost one, ordered another then later found the manual. So I have one with my at all times.

12 years 4 months ago #173440 by icepics
I'd be doing good to even know where it is... That would be the one for my digital camera that is, I have manuals for some of my older cameras and some I don't, those I can figure out w/out instructions. Realistically I'll probably never read the whole thing, most likely will learn as I go by doing. I've referred to the manual occasionally to look up something (guess I'm a visual learner - I need pictures!)

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #173607 by Camera Diva
Yes, it makes a good reference. Regardless what your experience is, I personally think it's important to have your manual with you.

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #174114 by Todd Knight
It's in one of my camera bags

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #174166 by PNMBritt
Somewhere in a case. Haven't seen it in a long time. Maybe I should check on it.

In life there have always been those who make fire; but most just sit around the fire and enjoy the warmth. A great mind absent of action is waste.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024