I did it! I joined NYIP

12 years 4 months ago #177044 by SRT10
Hey guys, Well i did it. I wanted to learn more about Photography and how to improve. So I decied to Enroll in NYIP and give it my best. Hopefully I will exceed my views and learn a lot of new things! Sorry just had to tell someone!

Joseph W. Ott
A camera is only as good as it's user.

12 years 4 months ago #177047 by Dragonflies
Very good for you. NYIP is a great school. Have you thought about what area of photography you want to focus on?

12 years 4 months ago #177050 by SRT10
Thank you, I am still trying to figure that out. I have a wide range of things but my problem is my camera is always on my side and i take pictures of everything. I do like to do a lot of Macro of flowers, bugs and unique things. I'd really like to learn how to take night photos of the moon, cities etc. BUT my biggest problem is in editing, I admit this is my major weekness because i am not familiar with a lot of this software. I currently have Coral Paint shop and i am trying to learn all the features on it but not knowing really the editing side of this makes it diffcult.

Joseph W. Ott

12 years 4 months ago #177058 by Camera Diva
You'e picked a great school to go to, good luck!

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #177095 by SRT10
Thanks I am excited to learn some new things

Joseph W. Ott

12 years 4 months ago #177102 by john_m
Congrats! Im sure you will learn alot!

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 4 months ago #177105 by photobod
It would be great if you could do a weekly or monthly review of how the course is going, it would be most welcome in this forum, also NYIP are one of the vendors so they would be very pleased to see us discussing it.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #177113 by robbie

SRT10 wrote: Thank you, I am still trying to figure that out. I have a wide range of things but my problem is my camera is always on my side and i take pictures of everything. I do like to do a lot of Macro of flowers, bugs and unique things. I'd really like to learn how to take night photos of the moon, cities etc. BUT my biggest problem is in editing, I admit this is my major weekness because i am not familiar with a lot of this software. I currently have Coral Paint shop and i am trying to learn all the features on it but not knowing really the editing side of this makes it diffcult.

Congrats on taking it to the next level,Paintshop will do what you will want but your method of trying to learn everything will make it a 'chore' and no fun.Get a great book to use as 'reference',learn the 'basics'
and when you want to do something more demanding look it up in your 'reference'.Learning 'everything'
is too demanding and time consuming.I know just enough Photoshop to do what I want to plus I have a great 'reference' book by Scott Kelby.Forget about finding out what to shoot,you will find out when you look back at your portfolio and see the images you 'really' love.Above all make shooting and processing fun and enjoyable.
Enjoy the ride!!

12 years 4 months ago #177116 by SRT10
I know I'm excited. That is how I found them was threw here. I'm very excited and will keep everyone up to date with everything I've learned.

Joseph W. Ott

12 years 4 months ago #177119 by SRT10

robbie wrote:

SRT10 wrote: Thank you, I am still trying to figure that out. I have a wide range of things but my problem is my camera is always on my side and i take pictures of everything. I do like to do a lot of Macro of flowers, bugs and unique things. I'd really like to learn how to take night photos of the moon, cities etc. BUT my biggest problem is in editing, I admit this is my major weekness because i am not familiar with a lot of this software. I currently have Coral Paint shop and i am trying to learn all the features on it but not knowing really the editing side of this makes it diffcult.

Congrats on taking it to the next level,Paintshop will do what you will want but your method of trying to learn everything will make it a 'chore' and no fun.Get a great book to use as 'reference',learn the 'basics'
and when you want to do something more demanding look it up in your 'reference'.Learning 'everything'
is too demanding and time consuming.I know just enough Photoshop to do what I want to plus I have a great 'reference' book by Scott Kelby.Forget about finding out what to shoot,you will find out when you look back at your portfolio and see the images you 'really' love.Above all make shooting and processing fun and enjoyable.
Enjoy the ride!!

I know what you mean. But I love learning new things and being able to grow. I don't find it as much of a chore but a new learning experience. And I shoot anything that I can.

Joseph W. Ott

12 years 4 months ago #177134 by robbie

SRT10 wrote:

robbie wrote:

Enjoy the ride!!

I know what you mean. But I love learning new things and being able to grow. I don't find it as much of a chore but a new learning experience. And I shoot anything that I can.

There are techniques that you might not even used,so why waste your time learning it when you can master another technique,just my way ot thinking but ofcourse we have different habits.
Just don`t rush it,take it nice and slow and enjoy your course.I did subscribed to NYIP but didn`t finished the course because I was based in the Caribbean but I went to a local community college and completed a Photography Course or I spend my time perfecting my Infrared shooting skills would be more accurate.No regrets on my part..Ir is my passion!!!

12 years 4 months ago #177147 by SRT10
I know what you mean. But I love learning new things and being able to grow. I don't find it as much of a chore but a new learning experience. And I shoot anything that I can.[/quote]
There are techniques that you might not even used,so why waste your time learning it when you can master another technique,just my way ot thinking but ofcourse we have different habits.
Just don`t rush it,take it nice and slow and enjoy your course.I did subscribed to NYIP but didn`t finished the course because I was based in the Caribbean but I went to a local community college and completed a Photography Course or I spend my time perfecting my Infrared shooting skills would be more accurate.No regrets on my part..Ir is my passion!!![/quote]

I took a look at you photos, they are amazing!!!! I have heard of IR photos, how is it done?

Joseph W. Ott

12 years 4 months ago #177149 by robbie

SRT10 wrote: I know what you mean. But I love learning new things and being able to grow. I don't find it as much of a chore but a new learning experience. And I shoot anything that I can.

Just don`t rush it,take it nice and slow and enjoy your course.I did subscribed to NYIP but didn`t finished the course because I was based in the Caribbean but I went to a local community college and completed a Photography Course or I spend my time perfecting my Infrared shooting skills would be more accurate.No regrets on my part..Ir is my passion!!![/quote]

I took a look at you photos, they are amazing!!!! I have heard of IR photos, how is it done?[/quote]
Thanks for looking at my images Joeseph,appreciate the visit.
I shoot with a converted Infrared D200,processed with Nik plugins,mostly Color Efex 3/4 and Viveza2 and onOne
Photo Tools.There is a link here but it`s on my next laptop at home,will post it later.

12 years 4 months ago #177213 by boriqua latina
Congratulations! its one of the best schools ...remember patience and positivity gets far...robbie beat me to it, he said it all lol...

12 years 4 months ago #177221 by Stealthy Ninja
Good for you bro.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024