3 MOONS (A TEST FOR YOU)

12 years 3 months ago #189693 by Sha Nea
A is the best shot and honestly I couldn't even guess which camera took which shot. Although I am very curious on the answer.

12 years 3 months ago #189735 by john_m
A-D3S, B-D700 C-1Ds

A looks the sharpest to me

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #189736 by Wild Mitch
First one "A" is the sharpest and I would wager the Nikon D7000 took that photo

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189784 by Gary Trent photography
Just guessing:
A = Canon 1DsIII + Canon 28-300mm lens

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 3 months ago #189848 by rmeyer7
The best detail and contrast is clearly in A. But the similarities and the differences in B and C make it harder to guess, for me.

i.e.:
On one hand, B and C both have less contrast and detail than A, so one could guess they were both the same manufacturer - Nikon (this would probably be someone who doesn't realize what the D3s is capable of...).

On the other hand, the top area that has more contrast is fairly similar in A and B, whereas C lacks the contrast. So one could guess A and B are the 2 Nikons.

On the mutant hand (...what else would you call hand #3??), since B and C both lack contrast and detail, one might also guess they are the images that have been resampled down to 12MP, so the similarity would actually indicate 2 different brands.

Tough one. I'm fairly confident B is the D7000, but A and C are both guesses for me. I'm going to go with A=D3s, C=1DsIII.

12 years 3 months ago #189851 by LauraD
I have no idea which camera took which ....but I think A is definatel the sharpest and best image

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

12 years 3 months ago #189860 by Dori
Hands down, A is the sharpest! My guess would be the Nikon...;)

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189963 by Stealthy Ninja
Just incase I forgot to say: The images are taken from RAW files and the same settings were put on each one. The two larger MP files were reduced down to 12MP (this is the fairest way to test this, trust me ;) ).

OK that's long enough. Now keep in mind there's many factors that could determine the differences here. In particular the difference between the Canon and Nikon 28-300... but here's the results:

Here's a table showing who chose what:
Position/Choice1DsIIID3sD7000
A152
B113
C32
Which is best?ABC
11 people1 person1 person

Overall you guys did pretty well. ;)

5 people chose D3s as letter A. Well done you are correct.
3 people chose D7000 as letter B. Well done you are correct.
3 people chose 1DsIII as letter C. Well done you are correct.

So on average you guys got it right. ;)

As for the best, that's subjective. But it's interesting the camera with the LEAST MP was voted as best. :o .
12 years 3 months ago #189967 by Stealthy Ninja
Now a little information. I was quite surprised how little difference there was between 12 and 21MP in size. Yes it's noticeable, but every time you double the MP count you're only gaining a 40% increase.

I will note that, if I wanted to print large and crop a lot more MP is always good to have, just not as amazingly awesome as people think.
12 years 3 months ago #189982 by John Landolfi
Thanks for confirming my uneducated guess to that effect:thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189993 by Stealthy Ninja

John Landolfi wrote: Thanks for confirming my uneducated guess to that effect:thumbsup:

No problem. :banana:
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189995 by Scotty
So we can conclude Nikon is better than canon in every category? :banana:

My "guesses" were spot on btw.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190000 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: So we can conclude Nikon is better than canon in every category? :banana:

My "guesses" were spot on btw.

Yes they were. :blink:
12 years 3 months ago #190001 by McBeth Photography
I'd like to see a fourth image taken by a Canonet rangefinder. :)

It is what it is.
12 years 3 months ago #190273 by Stealthy Ninja

McBeth Photography wrote: I'd like to see a fourth image taken by a Canonet rangefinder. :)

You can do it. :thumbsup:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024