3 MOONS (A TEST FOR YOU)

9 years 1 month ago #189693 by Sha Nea
A is the best shot and honestly I couldn't even guess which camera took which shot. Although I am very curious on the answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #189735 by john_m
A-D3S, B-D700 C-1Ds

A looks the sharpest to me

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

9 years 1 month ago #189736 by Wild Mitch
First one "A" is the sharpest and I would wager the Nikon D7000 took that photo

Photo Comments

9 years 1 month ago #189784 by Gary Trent photography
Just guessing:
A = Canon 1DsIII + Canon 28-300mm lens

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

9 years 1 month ago #189848 by rmeyer7
The best detail and contrast is clearly in A. But the similarities and the differences in B and C make it harder to guess, for me.

i.e.:
On one hand, B and C both have less contrast and detail than A, so one could guess they were both the same manufacturer - Nikon (this would probably be someone who doesn't realize what the D3s is capable of...).

On the other hand, the top area that has more contrast is fairly similar in A and B, whereas C lacks the contrast. So one could guess A and B are the 2 Nikons.

On the mutant hand (...what else would you call hand #3??), since B and C both lack contrast and detail, one might also guess they are the images that have been resampled down to 12MP, so the similarity would actually indicate 2 different brands.

Tough one. I'm fairly confident B is the D7000, but A and C are both guesses for me. I'm going to go with A=D3s, C=1DsIII.

9 years 1 month ago #189851 by LauraD
I have no idea which camera took which ....but I think A is definatel the sharpest and best image

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

9 years 1 month ago #189860 by Dori
Hands down, A is the sharpest! My guess would be the Nikon...;)

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #189963 by Stealthy Ninja
Just incase I forgot to say: The images are taken from RAW files and the same settings were put on each one. The two larger MP files were reduced down to 12MP (this is the fairest way to test this, trust me ;) ).

OK that's long enough. Now keep in mind there's many factors that could determine the differences here. In particular the difference between the Canon and Nikon 28-300... but here's the results:

Here's a table showing who chose what:
Position/Choice1DsIIID3sD7000
A152
B113
C32
Which is best?ABC
11 people1 person1 person

Overall you guys did pretty well. ;)

5 people chose D3s as letter A. Well done you are correct.
3 people chose D7000 as letter B. Well done you are correct.
3 people chose 1DsIII as letter C. Well done you are correct.

So on average you guys got it right. ;)

As for the best, that's subjective. But it's interesting the camera with the LEAST MP was voted as best. :o .

9 years 1 month ago #189967 by Stealthy Ninja
Now a little information. I was quite surprised how little difference there was between 12 and 21MP in size. Yes it's noticeable, but every time you double the MP count you're only gaining a 40% increase.

I will note that, if I wanted to print large and crop a lot more MP is always good to have, just not as amazingly awesome as people think.

9 years 1 month ago #189982 by John Landolfi
Thanks for confirming my uneducated guess to that effect:thumbsup:

Photo Comments

9 years 1 month ago #189993 by Stealthy Ninja

John Landolfi wrote: Thanks for confirming my uneducated guess to that effect:thumbsup:

No problem. :banana:

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #189995 by Scotty
So we can conclude Nikon is better than canon in every category? :banana:

My "guesses" were spot on btw.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #190000 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: So we can conclude Nikon is better than canon in every category? :banana:

My "guesses" were spot on btw.

Yes they were. :blink:

9 years 1 month ago #190001 by McBeth Photography
I'd like to see a fourth image taken by a Canonet rangefinder. :)

It is what it is.

9 years 1 month ago #190273 by Stealthy Ninja

McBeth Photography wrote: I'd like to see a fourth image taken by a Canonet rangefinder. :)

You can do it. :thumbsup:

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021

The Sony a7S III is a video-first full frame camera with a hefty price tag. Is it worth the price of admission? Get all the details in this Sony a7S III review.

Feb 18, 2021

In this Nikon Z7 II review learn how this new camera is similar to the original Z7 and how it makes improvements upon the original.

Feb 16, 2021

The Sony Cybershot DSC-RX10 III is a highly capable, video-first bridge camera. The question is, is it right for you? Get all the details in this Sony Cybershot DSC-RX10 III review!

Feb 12, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you aren't sure how to get feedback from clients, check out these simple solutions for your photography business.

Feb 19, 2021

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021

Drop shipping your printed photos can save you time and money. But there are cons to consider as well. Get all the details in this guide to drop shipping for photography businesses.

Feb 19, 2021

The Sony a7S III is a video-first full frame camera with a hefty price tag. Is it worth the price of admission? Get all the details in this Sony a7S III review.

Feb 18, 2021

Use these real estate photography tips to learn why taking high-quality real estate photos is so important for selling properties.

Feb 18, 2021

Not sure what a follow focus system is? In this tutorial, learn how to use a follow focus system and why you might want want for your video productions.

Feb 18, 2021

Use these architectural photography tips to learn what gear you need, composition tips for improved images, and much more.

Feb 18, 2021

This list of the best monitors of 2021 includes professional options, budget-friendly monitors, portable monitors and much more!

Feb 17, 2021