Today is the day!!!!

12 years 3 months ago #192631 by crystal
Tonight is the Artist reception night for my gallery! I'm so excited! :banana: :banana: :woohoo:
12 years 3 months ago #192638 by robbie
Hope you have a great time,enjoy the moment.

12 years 3 months ago #192646 by Baydream
Best wishes.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #192656 by john_m
Congrats again !!!!!!

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #192665 by g1na3
That great! Hope you have a good night!

12 years 3 months ago #192698 by Rob pix4u2
Enjoy the opening of your new exhibit- Congratulations

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 3 months ago #192705 by crystal
Thank you everyone!
12 years 3 months ago #192719 by Dori
Exciting!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #192748 by photobod
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Crystal bvet it will be an ace night for you :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :whistle:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 3 months ago #192764 by chasrich
Darn... the Gulfstream is in the shop tonight. Have a great opening anyway!

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 3 months ago #192883 by Gump
How did it go?

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #192905 by crystal
It went great! It was an awesome night. My parents and inlaws followed my husband and I over. I wanted to show the parents before it actually started. Turns out the parents stay little over an hour. It was from 6-8pm. Pretty much from the time I got there, till the time the doors were locked at 8pm, I was busy. I got pulled left and right with people wanting me to talk to them. Asking me this and that. How did I take that photo, where did I take this photo, was that the only light in this photo, how did you get all of your photos so bright, crisp, standing out etc.. lol I had a mother and father, who brought their teenage son with them who is getting into photography...ask me a bunch of questions for him. Many people ask me where I got my photos printed, and I printed all of them myself except for the 16x24s. I had about 5 or 6 people who said they wanted to buy certain prints for sure. The gallery ends Feb 23, so we'll see if that holds true when the time goes.

In those two hours, I did not get to sit, take any kind of break, no chance to go to the bathroom, didn't have anything to eat (there were refreshments). I had 3 sips of gatorade my husband was so kind to get me from the vending machine.

I saw people I knew from school who I haven't seen since school 12yrs ago. People came that I see/talk once in awhile. There were total strangers and a couple of photographers showed up. Some I know, some I don't know. The one photographer is having a gallery showing in a couple months there, he said he check out my work earlier in the week, but wanted to come tonight to meet me. :) I had another photographer who I know from Arts Seen Gallery, the other place I have my work at. He came, like my work but pointed out he thought my prices were too low. lol I went back and forth on the prices. Yes, I thought some were too low, but overall if they sell I still make profit. It's not like I can't have another gallery and raise my prices when I become more known.

It was a great night. My feet were dead by the time I left the gallery. Afterwards my husband took me out for a celebration dinner. :) :banana: :cheers:
12 years 3 months ago #192917 by ArtWagner
Any pics from the event?

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #192928 by crystal

ArtWagner wrote: Any pics from the event?

My husband took pics with his camera, but we haven't transfer them yet. Heck I haven't even seen the pics yet. lol
12 years 3 months ago #192933 by ArtWagner

crystal wrote:

ArtWagner wrote: Any pics from the event?

My husband took pics with his camera, but we haven't transfer them yet. Heck I haven't even seen the pics yet. lol

Look forward to seeing them :thumbsup:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024