Who's using tax refund to buy new camera gear?

12 years 1 month ago #209787 by Gammill
I think I might be getting enough to buy a new portrait lens :banana:

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #209789 by Scotty
Bought a macbook air for college.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #209803 by rmeyer7
Used mine to pay for some backpacking gear, which will help me get to some places where I hope to make some good photos.

12 years 1 month ago #209827 by robbie

Gammill wrote: I think I might be getting enough to buy a new portrait lens :banana:

Thought you have a D7000 for sale cheap,guess not :rofl: :rofl:
Might still get it though :banana: :banana:

12 years 1 month ago #209835 by shelland
Paid for my 70-200. I charged it while it was $300 off late January, knowing I'd be able to pay it off with tax money soon.

Scott

- Twin Cities, MN

12 years 1 month ago #209836 by bigbubbaG
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: REFUND!!!????:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to PAY!

Victory is won not in miles but inches. Win some, hold your ground, win some more.
---Louis L'amour

12 years 1 month ago #209841 by Dori
OUCH!!!!!!

I ordered a Teleconverter,,,,

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 1 month ago #209844 by robbie

Dori wrote: OUCH!!!!!!

I ordered a Teleconverter,,,,

Which lens you gonna use that teleconverter on?
Tried my 1.4 on the 70-300 VR Nikon...a waste of time...

12 years 1 month ago #209845 by Nod
Why are you people getting a tax refund ? Change your W-2 and keep the money in your pocket, don't let Uncle Sam have it interest free for a year. It's silly to overpay income tax just to get your own money back. But as long as you spend it on photo gear, I guess it's alright.

12 years 1 month ago #209846 by LauraD
I did ...got myself a D7000 ...loving it ! :beerbang:

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

12 years 1 month ago #209847 by Nod
Why are you people getting a tax refund ? Change your W-2 and keep the money in your pocket, don't let Uncle Sam have it interest free for a year. It's silly to overpay income tax just to get your own money back. But as long as you spend it on photo gear, I guess it's alright.B)

12 years 1 month ago #209851 by robbie

LauraD wrote: I did ...got myself a D7000 ...loving it ! :beerbang:

You Go Girl :cheers: :cheers:
Congrats!!!

12 years 1 month ago #210087 by mj~shutterbugg
I would LOVE to indulge and get some new gear- a new L lens sounds amazing- thinking the 24-70 f/ 2.8 zoom or the 85 mm prime f/ 1.8. But, and this is a big but, I just got a new lens for more macro work and my converted camera so I just got *new* gear. I would also love a new gear bag. Or an extra flash and stand. Or a studio strobe set up. As you can see I could blow a ton of cash and still want more stuff. I am actually waiting as I will be buying the strobe kit and setting up a studio in the new home.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 1 month ago #210127 by Mayo
No refund for me

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #210449 by crystal
No refund for me, I had to pay taxes.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024