I thought I saw it all......

12 years 3 weeks ago #222385 by crystal
but no, someone actually takes pictures with their Iphone, and charges. Who knows if this person actually gets clients, but they have a name for Iphone pictures... Iphonegraphy.
Check out the site..
www.elleiphoneography.com
(If you go to the "pricing" page there is a description of Iphonegraphy)

I can't believe my eyes. Not only are the photos crap, but I can't believe someone is actually doing this. :sick:

It's one thing to take pictures with your phone, but to offer services..portraits, weddings, etc.. WTFFFFFFF?
12 years 3 weeks ago #222397 by effron
I wouldn't let it eat at you. There are those that know fine cuisine, and then there's burger king. Both have a clientele, just as mister or mrs Iphone has........:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #222414 by boriqua latina
I wouldn't worry about it.....I saw the site, I see some good candid shots for the fun of it.... But for professional and quality work I won't sweat it....oh and by the way I'm writing this from my iPhone. ;)

12 years 3 weeks ago #222419 by crystal
Oh I'm not worrying about it. I'm more like sharing and just can't believe someone would actually offer services using their cell phone camera. BTW, accessing the web from a phone is nothing exciting. I have also chatted on this site from my phone.
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #222422 by Henry Peach
It's a great gimmick. I bet they get loads of free advertising. From the haters to those following pop culture it's a story that's going to have a buzz about it. I don't think they are going to get loads of business, but as long as they are truthful about what they deliver, can show samples, provide references, etc... then I think there will be some people that are interested. The Apple cult is even more obsessed than camera brand cults. There are people out there that would prefer their portraits or wedding be shot on an I-phone. I'd just ask my friends, but some folks like to spend money....

I couldn't find a real gallery, but the photos I saw were similar in quality and style to those I've seen on many wedding and portrait photography websites from photographers I assume are using DSLRs. It wasn't my cup of tea, but it's far, far from the worst I've seen from "professionals".

Lomography got rich convincing people to buy $15 USSR plastic cameras for $150. Gary Fong got rich convincing people to spend $50-$150 on tupperware. There has to be some sort of market for "Iphonography". :toocrazy:
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #222918 by boriqua latina

crystal wrote: Oh I'm not worrying about it. I'm more like sharing and just can't believe someone would actually offer services using their cell phone camera. BTW, accessing the web from a phone is nothing exciting. I have also chatted on this site from my phone.

Some cellphone cameras do give a very good picture quality that may be suitable for large decent photos but would not compete with digital slr's and accessing the web from a phone is exciting as some people cant access the internet with the cellphones they have. :rolleyes

12 years 3 weeks ago #222924 by Cre8tivefix
Might be the perfect photographer for one of those Walmart isle weddings. LOL To each their own. If they are better than their buddies at composing the shots, then I'm sure they have a place regardless of the gear.

12 years 3 weeks ago #222932 by mj~shutterbugg
Well I guess if they are making that kind of money with the iPhone, data packages aren't an issue. Here I am worried about getting L glass when all I need is Siri.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 3 weeks ago #222934 by Scotty

boriqua latina wrote:

crystal wrote: Oh I'm not worrying about it. I'm more like sharing and just can't believe someone would actually offer services using their cell phone camera. BTW, accessing the web from a phone is nothing exciting. I have also chatted on this site from my phone.

Some cellphone cameras do give a very good picture quality that may be suitable for large decent photos but would not compete with digital slr's and accessing the web from a phone is exciting as some people cant access the internet with the cellphones they have. :rolleyes

I have no idea what I just read.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #222986 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

boriqua latina wrote:

I have no idea what I just read.

Wurds.

Now onto the topic. The site points out:

Quality is not lost- In fact, it is gained by the ease of use and accessability (sic)

K if you say so lady.

This is some hipster chick trying to make a buck off other hipsters. Problem being, hipsters won't accept her concept because iPhones are way too mainstream. Also, hipsters don't have money.

If she really wants the hipster clientele she should do pinhole wedding photography with a lomo. All that leaking light really adds to the look.

I feel sorry for people who hire people like this for weddings. Years later they're going to look at their wedding photos and think: "WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING??!???!"

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #223003 by Henry Peach

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The site points out:

Quality is not lost- In fact, it is gained by the ease of use and accessability (sic)

K if you say so lady.

It's exactly what Henri Cartier Bresson told his peers when they complained about him using an amateur tourist's camera (Leica) instead of the accepted professional journalist's gear. ;)

I'm not saying this photographer is going to end up famous like HCB, but smaller and lower quality cameras and processes has always been one of the boundaries that serious photographers have pushed. In 1912 using a format as small as 35mm would have been considered silly. Some one has to try it.
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #223006 by Stealthy Ninja

Henry Peach wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The site points out:

K if you say so lady.

It's exactly what Henri Cartier Bresson told his peers when they complained about him using an amateur tourist's camera (Leica) instead of the accepted professional journalist's gear.

Difference is Leica is actually a brilliant. This lady on the other hand only has crappy filters in lieu of world leading optics.
12 years 2 weeks ago #223019 by Henry Peach
The lenses weren't the issue. The problem was the film. Any Iphone pic looks as sharp or sharper than Bresson's early work. It took another 30 or 40 years for film tech to catch up to those amazing lenses.

In the 1970's a wedding photographer who used only 35mm would have been considered a joker by many. You gotta have a big, expensive camera to do serious werk! ;)
12 years 2 weeks ago #223026 by Stealthy Ninja

Henry Peach wrote: The lenses weren't the issue. The problem was the film. Any Iphone pic looks as sharp or sharper than Bresson's early work. It took another 30 or 40 years for film tech to catch up to those amazing lenses.

In the 1970's a wedding photographer who used only 35mm would have been considered a joker by many. You gotta have a big, expensive camera to do serious werk! ;)

Dunno I was born in the 1970s bro.

Anyway... You should switch to iPhoneOgraphy now man. Get ahead of the game. ~>

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024