Color
19 52.8%
Black and White.
17 47.2%
Total number of voters: 36
Only registered users can participate to this poll
11 years 9 months ago #241253 by vreez
Love both for different reasons.
I would go with the black and white because I think it strengthens the composition with the color removed.

11 years 9 months ago #241256 by Rob pix4u2
The color shot works better for me

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 9 months ago #241258 by SeanCheah
Voted B&W as well. I feel that with such shooting into the bright light, I should see more light and dark contrast. The B&W brings this out a bit more seemingly and makes it a more powerful photograph for me. If the color photo has a bit more shadows, perhaps I would like it more. Overall for both pictures: :judge: Love the angle and framing of the shot!!!!!

11 years 9 months ago #241259 by Sandy Smith Photos
B&W :judge:

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241267 by Jeffster
Tough one to judge, both are amazing. But I literally flipped a coin on this one and the B&W was the winner

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241281 by Joves

Baydream wrote: I believe the B&W "uses" the bright light from the doors to add impact, whereas in the colour version, the light detracts a bit. This would be a candidate for HDR processing. I might suggest a sepia version

I have to agree on the B&W making the light play much better in the shot. The light rays seem to go further into the structure.

11 years 9 months ago #241323 by Adam Nagle
Color one works for me

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241361 by Scotty
Surprised with the amount of people liking the black and white.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241363 by Baydream
On my 10,000 th post, I will remind you to step back, strip away the emotion and look at the technical elements. The white blast tries to over power the colour version but adds to the B&W.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241379 by aleephotography
I'm going with color. I like the warmth.

11 years 9 months ago #241394 by Janos
B&W is the leader for me, but the color was closely behind. :judge:

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241522 by Missy J
Looks like I evened up the score. B&W is a beauty

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241560 by Happy Snapper
Either way :judge:

Gripped Nikon D810 --- Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 --- Sigma 10-20mm f/4 --- Nikon 50mm f/1.4 --- SB600
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241562 by Alex
Scotty, you have some skills bro. Your keeping the bar set high for the rest of us!

I enjoy both of these photos, however if I had to pick a favorite. It's hard to say no to the color version.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241599 by digitalpimp
I'm down for the color one

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024