Advise for the upcoming trip to Cancun on good locations and gears

11 years 1 month ago #278486 by rikpics
Hey everyone!

I have a trip coming up to Cancun in few weeks and i was wondering if any of you know any good locations up there that i can take some good shots from. Also seeking some advise on any gears to take? particularly lens, I am thinking about 18 to 200 mm multipurpose lens

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

11 years 1 month ago #278487 by Sandy Smith Photos
Fun! Where are you coming from? Honestly I would bring just a lens or two. That 18-200mm would make a great 1 lens to bring. What camera do you have? Husband and I travel a lot and most trips I'll just bring a lens or two. Make sure you have your tripod and cable release if you own. With Cancun, I would recommend you get the sunrise shots. Early morning reflections with the warm light from the sun and palm trees will make beautiful photos.

How long are you going to be there?

Photo Comments
11 years 1 month ago #278493 by rikpics
will be going there from states. I have canon T3I. Yes will be taking tripod and wireless release. Its only 5 days trip :( wish it would be longer.

I agree with you on lens and is the reason i was thinking about 18-200 so i can cover some telephoto as well as wide angle and will def shoot sunrise and sun set!

Thank you so much for your advise

11 years 1 month ago #278495 by Dana Leeson
White sandy beaches :drool:

Photo Comments
11 years 1 month ago #278543 by Meskill
The great thing about Mexico beaches is a quick walk along their beaches will yield so much to photograph. Make your way to their harbors and many of the boats have bright colors, which I think make interesting shots if framed right.

Photo Comments
11 years 1 month ago #279139 by Gabriel Photos
In my opinion all the good spots to photograph are NOT in Cancun, this is a party town full of kids. I would recommend renting a car and driving west on the 180D to Chichen Itza. Much more scenic and historic. I would suggest going early to avoid the heat!

Photo Comments
11 years 1 month ago #279153 by Tuscan Muse
I would take a day trip to Isla Mujeres which is just 8 miles away. This is a great location for some good shots.
11 years 1 month ago #279160 by Uplander

tuscanlinda wrote: I would take a day trip to Isla Mujeres which is just 8 miles away. This is a great location for some good shots.

:agree: plus swim with the dolphins while there

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024