Non-professional photographers who carry their camera at all the times?

9 years 8 months ago #395407 by Joe Peterson
I get it, that amazing photo of the deer in the field, I missed because my camera is at home under my office desk in a camera bag.  But honestly, how many of you who are NOT Pro's, carry your camera with you from morning to night?  I try to, but I get lazy and often end up not having it with me.  Then that cool shot presents it's self and you smack your forehead and wonder why didn't you have your camera. 

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #395409 by Stealthy Ninja
I'm not non-professional but anyway, I'll give my opinion...

I used to carry around a D800 and some prime lenses back in the day, but haven't since I got into mirrorless. Mirrorless cameras are really light compared to DSLR cameras and give you just as much IQ generally speaking.
9 years 8 months ago #395429 by Joe Peterson
You mind me asking what gear do you carry with your mirrorless set up?

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #395431 by Stealthy Ninja
Depends but daily: a7 with sony 55 1.8  I also have a bunch of M mount lenses I sometimes use.
9 years 8 months ago #395440 by some1sangel
i'm a non-professional and carry my camera and tripod with me at all times along with extra batteries and an extra sd card.  there are plenty of shots worth taking and i don't want to spend the extra gas going back to look for the shot i missed earlier.

9 years 8 months ago #395445 by Randy Shaw
You got me thinking about this.  I would say maybe 60% of the time I have my camera with me.  Other times, it's good old iPhone to the rescue.  

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #395449 by some1sangel
i use a simple point and shoot.  i have two:  one i carry, the other stays home.  i don't yet have a complicated camera with lenses and filters.

9 years 8 months ago #395458 by Stealthy Ninja

some1sangel wrote: i'm a non-professional and carry my camera and tripod with me at all times along with extra batteries and an extra sd card.  there are plenty of shots worth taking and i don't want to spend the extra gas going back to look for the shot i missed earlier.

Carry or leave in your car?
9 years 8 months ago #395531 by KenMan
As my wife :rofl:    - "Why do you always need to carry your camera, you aren't always taking photos with it" - I'm always ready!  

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #395542 by Rudy Sosa
Well I wouldn't say it's always on my hip, but I do carry it almost everywhere I go.  

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #395618 by Scott Klubeck
:agree:  same with me

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #395645 by JeremyS
I carry my camera with me when I am going on a trip or am going for a drive or a walk somewhere, I won't take it on my way to work or on my day to day business that is not very interesting and presents no opportunities for me.

9 years 8 months ago #395651 by Julie Staas
You kidding me?  Mine's under my pillow with me at night.  :rofl:

Country Girl out for a stroll
Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #395706 by [email protected]

Julie Staas wrote: You kidding me?  Mine's under my pillow with me at night.  :rofl:

THAT'S what that is under your pillow!

9 years 8 months ago #395784 by Uplander
Always have mine with me, well most of the time

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024