External lenses for iPhone that work?

7 years 3 weeks ago #522529 by Peter Nunez
Hey guys, just for those super casual days, are there any external lenses that slip onto iPhone 7 that work well enough to invest into?  

Photo Comments
7 years 3 weeks ago #522547 by Julie Staas
The problem with these lenses is that you need to take off your cover first.  Which to me is a pain.  

Country Girl out for a stroll
Photo Comments
7 years 2 weeks ago #523278 by albinpix
As someone that uses there iPhone camera a lot, I've never really found one that's really worthwhile

Photo Comments
7 years 2 weeks ago #523291 by EOS_Fan
iPro lens 

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #562968 by sandmarc
What kind of lens are you looking for? Wide, Macro, FIsheye, etc? 
6 years 3 months ago #562996 by Stacy Craig
The problem is the cases, they are so ugly and bulky.  My husband got me a set for my birthday 2016 and I hardly used them.  The optics kept getting lose and the case was so huge.  pass.  

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #563001 by sandmarc
We totally agree. Minimal cases are the way to go. Be sure to check out our newly launched photography lenses for iPhone cameras. Cheers!
6 years 3 months ago #563085 by Overread
The problem is wide angle lenses that are offered often create more of a fisheye effect than wide angle.  More of an issue in close proximity.  I bought one of those iPro lens systems and the optics are tough to deal with and I find more of a novelty than anything.  

Speaking of cases, this thing is very bulky!

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #563167 by sandmarc
Overhead - yes, your concern and issue with current lenses is what led us to design lenses that actually match the quality of iPhone cameras, and the Wide Angle to be truly Wide and not Fisheye. 

Case also an issue with being heavy and not minimal enough these days. Be sure to look at our SANDMARC lenses & minimal case mounts to get a feel of what we do (below are some examples). Cheers!

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago #563170 by Pierce Steenken
What are those cases made from? 

Photo Comments
6 years 3 months ago #563172 by sandmarc
Hi Pierce - Cases are made from a Polycarbonate material. 
6 years 3 months ago #563308 by Moe
Is there flex with that material?

Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #563434 by sandmarc
Moe - No flex in that material as the lens mounting threads need a hard material. You can still put the case on-and-off easily though. 
6 years 2 months ago #563510 by Frisco
What about telephoto?  

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #563511 by sandmarc
Frisco - here's our Telephoto collection:  bit.ly/2DVjx0K

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024