B&H Federal Lawsuit

6 years 4 months ago #556817 by Olivia
WOW I'm shocked at this.  I just found an article from earlier this year that showed:  www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/20160225-2

and then spoke about B&H settling for $3.2 million.  Reading all the comments and details has me wondering if I want to do business with this company?!

SHOCKED!

Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #556830 by Screamin Scott
This is old news that has been discussed on here before. Note also that the dates involved are over 5 years ago. Likely things have been rectified since then.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago #556831 by Olivia
Well I learned that this has been going on for something like 4 years.  However what I just read was published only a few months ago:  www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/ofccp/ofccp20170814

Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago #556832 by Olivia
Either way, news to me and shocked.  

Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago #556888 by Zach Mosher
Yeah, heard about this a year ago, but did hear back in August that they decided to come to a settlement.  B&H made statement that claimed they are on agreeing to the allegations made against them, that they just want to get back to focusing on work. 

Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #556962 by effron
I haven't a lot of confidence in these kinds of suits brought by the previous  justice department.....
I'll continue doing business with B&H.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago #557003 by Frisco
Yawn, well IMO they a business should be free to hire who they want.  You invite who you want into your home right? Just my 2 cents. 

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago #557087 by garyrhook

Frisco wrote: Yawn, well IMO they a business should be free to hire who they want.  You invite who you want into your home right? Just my 2 cents. 

When decisions are made, or characteristics imbued, based upon things over which a human has no control, then a big stick is called for.

You can't fix stupid, but you can (mostly) fix ignorant.

Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago #557139 by Moossmann
Yep, well it happened, so when are the cameras going to be on 50% discount?  :cheers:

Photo Comments
6 years 4 months ago #557222 by Danny Carson
Eh, well they screwed up, paid for it, time to move on. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024