Best airline to travel to Iceland?

6 years 2 months ago #567967 by Ryan Obryan
Hey fellow photography travelers.  I'm looking to go to Iceland and something tells me that Southwest or JetBlue don't fly there.  Any ideas, what is the best airline for traveling here is?

Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568081 by effron
Iceland Air?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568139 by garyrhook
Here's what you do:

Go to expedia.com or similar, and enter your origin, Reykjavik (REK) as your destination, dates of travel, and hit "Search".

You get Icelandair and American/BA (One World Alliance), at least from New York. Not too many choices.

Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568159 by Prago
+1 Delta

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568275 by effron

Prago wrote: +1 Delta

Don't get me started on delta, I'd probably rent a hot air balloon first....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568284 by Happy Snapper

effron wrote:

Prago wrote: +1 Delta

Don't get me started on delta, I'd probably rent a hot air balloon first....

OH this should be gravy.  Please do tell.  

Hey PT, you need a smilie that is eating popcorn!

Gripped Nikon D810 --- Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 --- Sigma 10-20mm f/4 --- Nikon 50mm f/1.4 --- SB600
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568297 by garyrhook

Photo Comments
Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago #568309 by effron
I'll be brief, YMMV...the rudest airline I've ever used, least dependable and baggage thief central. There, three strikes.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568320 by Tony Bisson
You know what, I've had good luck with Delta, it's United that I think is the worst of the worst!  The last flight I had with them, not only did my seat smell like someone seriously left a crap under it.  Seriously here, I'm not talking about a passing fart smell, it smelt like raw pile of poo for the entire flight.  On top of that, the flight attendant, accidentally spilled the sticky orange juice all over me, that was intended to the guy to the right of me.  Lastly my seat wouldn't recline, so I wasn't able to try to sleep my way out of this.  

Oh and did I mention, they managed to lose one of my bags!  

Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568351 by Frost Photography
+Delta 

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568366 by effron
They all suck now. My son flies a lot and prefers Alaska air. I doubt they serve Iceland though....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568516 by Chris Grimm
Alaska just bought Virgin America last year. They have great service and clean planes.  

Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568517 by Chris Grimm
Remember how bad Continental use to be?!

Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568561 by Pettigrew

Chris Grimm wrote: Remember how bad Continental use to be?!

Understatement!  I thought Continental was going to go under at one point.  They really couldn't get anything right.  Kind of like United last year with beating up all their guest. 

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that asian guy who got dragged off the United flight.  Any ideas on how much he got from them?  

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
6 years 2 months ago #568762 by Alfonso Camil
I usually fly Virgin where I can, and in the states, I fly Southwest or Alaska Airlines where I can. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024