Buying used cameras from Adorama?

3 years 1 month ago #595335 by Frederick Images
I've been thinking about picking up one of those Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras and I just found one being sold in 'Very Good' condition with Adorama's used department.  They have it listed for $549.

Have you bought or sold anything to Adorama's used department and give me some input?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #595354 by effron
I bought a used lens from them a few years ago, and wouldn't hesitate for a nano second to buy anything from them now. They have a return window (30 days? maybe Helen will chime in) so its pretty safe. They didn't build that business doing bad business, no?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

3 years 1 month ago #595386 by Will Thomas

effron wrote: I bought a used lens from them a few years ago, and wouldn't hesitate for a nano second to buy anything from them now. They have a return window (30 days? maybe Helen will chime in) so its pretty safe. They didn't build that business doing bad business, no?

Agree on doing business with Adorama, stand up group.  I do believe the 30 day return is on new gear only.  I'm pretty sure the used gear doesn't have the policy.  

3 years 1 month ago #595395 by Shadowfixer1

Will Thomas wrote:

effron wrote: I bought a used lens from them a few years ago, and wouldn't hesitate for a nano second to buy anything from them now. They have a return window (30 days? maybe Helen will chime in) so its pretty safe. They didn't build that business doing bad business, no?

Agree on doing business with Adorama, stand up group.  I do believe the 30 day return is on new gear only.  I'm pretty sure the used gear doesn't have the policy.  

Not true.

If I'm not happy with my used equipment purchase, will Adorama let me make a return?At Adorama, we want you to be completely satisfied with all of your purchases, both new and used! That's why we let you return any used equipment within 30 days of purchase, no questions asked! Plus, we never charge a restocking fee. Store purchases must be returned within 14 days.

3 years 1 month ago #595415 by SJ-Gordon
Without hesitation would I buy ANOTHER camera body used from Adorama.  I buy almost all my stuff used from them.  They are very conservative on their grading as well.  I have bought all the way down to "V" (very good) and had to really look for wear.  E+ is like new.   Camera body I am shooting with right now is used from Adorama actually.  Super happy with it.

3 years 1 month ago #595444 by effron
Good post Randy, I knew there was a return window, and you can't ask for better than thirty days on used gear....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

3 years 1 month ago #595505 by Great Moments
Very fair outfit, I have bought used from them, KEH back in the day, Nat Cam, and Used photo pro.

Photo Comments

3 years 1 month ago #596929 by HelenOster

My apologies; I've been out sick for a week or yes, I'd have been right in here!

Helen Oster
[email protected]

2 years 11 months ago #606044 by Frederick Images
thank you all for the information.  Now I just need the right deal.  I'm actually watching 3 websites for that as we speak!   But I do appreciate the heads up on Adorama.  

Thank you too Helen for chiming in.  

Fred

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

If you think a nearly decade-old camera can't still hack it, you're wrong. Though it isn't perfect, the Fujifilm X-E2 is still a solid camera.

Sep 02, 2021

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 is five years old now, but does it still pass muster as a quality camera in 2021? Find out in this detailed review!

Aug 24, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

One of the most common ways of upselling clients is to offer prints. But how to get your clients to buy more prints can be a mystery. Here's how.

Sep 16, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

With these wedding photography accessories, you'll not only look good, but you'll also have gear that helps improve your workflow.

Sep 16, 2021

There are many benefits of buying used lenses, not the least of which is that you can save some money. Check out this guide for even more reasons to buy used.

Sep 15, 2021

Understanding what to charge for commercial real estate photography services is paramount to your success - now and in the future.

Sep 14, 2021

In this year's edition of our holiday gift guides, we've got some fantastic gifts for photographers that will cost you less than $150

Sep 14, 2021

There are many advantages of LED lighting for portraits. Learn a few of the best benefits of this kind of lighting in this portrait photography lighting tutorial.

Sep 13, 2021

Use these beginner photography tips to learn how to get started in photography and how to be comfortable behind the lens.

Sep 13, 2021