Glidecam vs DJI Ronin S for steady video?

5 years 2 months ago #631798 by MYoung
I think I mentioned last month that I'm getting more clients that want video and honestly my new Sony is made for this so why not figure this out.

I need to get some steady video, and was looking at one of these Glidecam things:  www.amazon.com/Glidecam-HD-PRO-Professio...694&s=gateway&sr=8-6

But also had many people mention the DJI Ronin S, which it's worth saying that thing is nearly $700.  So there is a big price gap here. 

Will this Glidecam do what I need, or is it worth just to spring on the DJI Ronin S?

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #631969 by Fess Walker
The Glidecam will be much MUCH easier to balance out of the box than the DJI Ronin S. 

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #632107 by Dan Spade
That Glidecam will be lighter, so depending on what shape you are in.  Might get heavy.  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #632644 by Juan Anthony
DJI Ronin S is :drool:

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #632762 by Farestad
These are completely 2 separate tools.  I mean they essentially do the same, but are worlds apart in HOW they get the job done.  The DJI is a pretty awesome piece of tech, and has a number of things you can do that just wouldn't be possible with the Glidecam.  However with that said, that Glidecam for the money, can't be beat.  

EF 50mm f/1.4
EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
EF 100mm f/2
EF 70-200mm f/4
EF 18-55mm
EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #632778 by Juan Anthony

Farestad wrote: These are completely 2 separate tools.  I mean they essentially do the same, but are worlds apart in HOW they get the job done.  The DJI is a pretty awesome piece of tech, and has a number of things you can do that just wouldn't be possible with the Glidecam.  However with that said, that Glidecam for the money, can't be beat.  

+1 miles apart on price. You can even find some good deals on used with the Glidecam, for under $150.  I would not buy a used Ronin S.  To much sensitive electronics in there.  

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #660285 by Max-Muller
of course glidecam (I'm a newbie to this forum but not a newbie in photography so I know what I'm talking about)

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #661690 by Max-Muller
of course a glidecam as glidecam for mirrorless are the best as they diminish the level of shaking, however, I would like to ask you where I could compare the prices on glidecams as I would like to buy something new
Thanks

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024