Epson photo paper vs Epson professional paper

4 years 11 months ago #644278 by Richard Taylor
I bought an Epson P800 printer and have been using Epson Photo Paper and thought it was good paper.  Till a friend comes over tonight, the same friend who talked me into getting this printer because he's owned one for 2 years now.  Anyway, he brought over 5 sheets of Epson Professional Paper and had me print out 3 of my most recent prints.  What a huge difference!  Whites are brighter, and the photo just looks night and day different.  With both of these side by side, the Epson Photo Paper looks so mucky!  

Just sharing, you might want to consider this paper.  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #644285 by garyrhook
Yes, the paper matters greatly.

(I have a 3880.)

It can be fun to explore different papers, too. I'm a big fan of Red River, and they sell sample packs that are worth trying out. Moab does, too. It's worth figuring out what you like/dislike about papers (finish, tone, texture). I will also say that fine art paper can producing amazing results. I use Epson Watercolor and it's awesome.

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #644297 by Cara Wilkins
I have never heard of the watercolor paper by them before, are you talking about  www.amazon.com/Epson-Watercolor-Radiant-...669&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #644347 by garyrhook
I think they've changed the box, but yes, I think that's it.

I'd recommend exploring sample packs first, before committing to a specific paper.

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #644394 by Moe
Have any of tried printing on metallic paper?

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #644413 by garyrhook

Moe wrote: Have any of tried printing on metallic paper?

I offer metallic paper, yes. It's like glossy on steroids, and works especially well for orange hues. But it's fun for every color.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024