Photographing cliffs of Moher Ireland

4 years 10 months ago #648453 by Marin Chi
Thinking about going here, but had some questions:

1. What city is closest to these cliffs?
2. Are these easy to access?
3.  Better time of the year to visit?
4. GPS locations of top spots to photography?

Thank you

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #648454 by garyrhook

Marin Chi wrote: Thinking about going here, but had some questions:

1. What city is closest to these cliffs?

There's a map for that.

2. Are these easy to access?

Define "access"? Define "easy"?

Google 'em and you'll get lots of information.

3.  Better time of the year to visit?

Define "Better"? Do you refer to crowds, weather, temperature, light, what?

4. GPS locations of top spots to photography?

Just... don't. Go, explore, find out for yourself. There are many photos on the web that will show you what they look like, and you can decide for yourself where you need to be.

Having just returned from a week on the Dingle peninsula, where I was with some folks that went to those very cliffs, I can tell you this:

a) Take the boat tour, too.
b) In June, the sun rises at 4 and sort of sets near 10. In the winter, that's reversed. Consider your options.
c) In early June there is less rain. We had mostly cloudy, blue skies. Some rain, some overcast days, some wind. Ireland is known for rain for a very good reason.
d) The temp in June is normally mid-60s F, according to the locals. We had mid-50s.
e) There are bus tours from Cork and Dublin, as well as nearer locations. I would never visit on a tour if I wanted unfettered access. And keep in mind tours will be there midday. Maybe not your ideal time. but that depends upon weather.
f) Driving was fun. I enjoyed my first experience immensely. 9 accident-free days. Excellent survey responses :-D

I'm glad I went for the purpose of touring an area and learning about it. I'll go back again with a much stronger emphasis on photography.

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #648552 by Rawley Photos
Gary you were just at the [font=gotham ssm a, gotham ssm b, proximanova-regular, helveticaneue, helvetica neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dingle peninsula?  Or is that a copy and paste excerpt from the web?  [/font]

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #648596 by garyrhook

Rawley Photos wrote: Gary you were just at the [font=gotham ssm a, gotham ssm b, proximanova-regular, helveticaneue, helvetica neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dingle peninsula?  Or is that a copy and paste excerpt from the web?  [/font]

The forum is having a tough time right now with embedding html/css into posts.

I just returned from 8 days in Dingle, yes, flights in/out of Dublin.

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #648612 by Rob Cline
WOW, that must have been an exciting trip.  Let's see some photos!  How is the weather up there?  Did you see any castles?  

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #648635 by Overread
One of the most beautiful places on this planet.  You'll find it's easy to get around there.  Remember roads are on the opposite side.  Check out Google street view to get around ahead of time. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024