Foolography Unleased camera remote??

5 months 2 weeks ago #653560 by Pete Franko
Anyone try this remote?  I need a new remote for my D750 and a buddy forwarded me a link to this remote. I like the time lapse functions of it. 

My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general.

How is the connection via blue tooth.  Does it ever drop signal? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #653562 by Sanford
Interesting.  Well it looks low profile.  That might even fit in side the L bracket hole for the side, which would protect it.  

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653657 by JaneK
I don't have one, a friend bought one with their Kickstarter a couple years ago.  She loves it.  This company is from Germany.  Very well engineered from what I understand.  

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653658 by H Rocky
Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653661 by Chris Grimm
Hmmmm, would be concerned about it falling out.  

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653664 by D Hornick

H Rocky wrote: Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing about the name.  Geotagging looks promising too.  

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653675 by Chris Grimm
Geotagging would be nice if found already in our cameras!  

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653700 by Steve Zahra
Does this work on Android phones? 

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653711 by Tim Chiang

5 months 2 weeks ago #653798 by Ruby Grace
First time seeing this.   Well when you  consider how much larger other  remotes are, this thing is tiny.  So you would have a greater  chance of knocking off others  than  this thing.  I  would say your only downside is possibly miss-placing this thing. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653802 by garyrhook
The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653807 by Ruby Grace

garyrhook wrote: The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

How do you suppose?  

OP stated "My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general."

He is  concerned about size, the larger this is, the larger it would be subject-able to getting hit.  The smaller would result in less odds of it getting hit off. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653825 by Nefarious
Pretty sure that thing will fit in the whole on side of L bracket.  Which of course will block anything from hitting that thing.  

Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #653861 by Mike McKinnon
I wonder how those thumbnails look that it transmits back?  I had one of these Alpine Pulses and the thumbnails hardly ever came over and when they did, it looked a like a image shown on a 1998 Nokia cell phone.  :rofl:

5 months 2 weeks ago #653883 by neal1977
Not a lot of reviews out there on it.  Would be nice to see how it works with video. 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony a7 III vs Nikon D500 head-to-head battle, find out which camera best suits your needs for still photography and video (and your budget, too).

Jan 09, 2020

The Panasonic GH4 might be going on six years old, but it still packs a punch, even in 2020. Learn about all the specs and features of this camera in our Panasonic GH4 review.

Dec 31, 2019

If you have your eye on a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, check out its specs, pricing, and availability to be sure you get the best deal.

Dec 26, 2019

Yes, there are many different cheap full frame cameras available in 2019. The question is, which budget full frame cameras are best for 2020? Find out in this comparison review.

Dec 06, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not sure how to earn more money as a photographer? With these photography business tips, learn how to boost your photography income and improve your bottom line.

Jan 16, 2020

With these top iPhone photography accessories, you'll be better-equipped to take high-quality photos and videos.

Jan 15, 2020

Learning how to edit videos like a pro is a lot easier than you might think. With these video editing tips, you'll learn specific tricks that will help you create epic videos.

Jan 14, 2020

Use these simple business tips for real estate photographers to develop your business and facilitate long-term growth.

Jan 14, 2020

Use this lens filter buying guide to help you identify which filters you need for your kit, how much you might need to spend, and what brands offer the best products.

Jan 14, 2020

If you're ready to upgrade your kit lens but aren't sure what to get, check out these kit lens alternatives that are more capable and might help you create improved images.

Jan 13, 2020

Real estate photography gear can get expensive, but if you play your cards right, you can find real estate photography cameras on the cheap. Here are three affordable examples.

Jan 10, 2020

You don't have to spend a ton of money to get a high-quality tripod. Consult our list of three of the best tripods under $200 to see just how far you can stretch your budget.

Jan 10, 2020