Foolography Unleased camera remote??

1 year 4 days ago #653560 by Pete Franko
Anyone try this remote?  I need a new remote for my D750 and a buddy forwarded me a link to this remote. I like the time lapse functions of it. 

My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general.

How is the connection via blue tooth.  Does it ever drop signal? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 days ago #653562 by Sanford
Interesting.  Well it looks low profile.  That might even fit in side the L bracket hole for the side, which would protect it.  

Photo Comments

1 year 4 days ago #653657 by JaneK
I don't have one, a friend bought one with their Kickstarter a couple years ago.  She loves it.  This company is from Germany.  Very well engineered from what I understand.  

Photo Comments

1 year 4 days ago #653658 by H Rocky
Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Photo Comments

1 year 4 days ago #653661 by Chris Grimm
Hmmmm, would be concerned about it falling out.  

Photo Comments

1 year 4 days ago #653664 by D Hornick

H Rocky wrote: Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing about the name.  Geotagging looks promising too.  

Photo Comments

1 year 4 days ago #653675 by Chris Grimm
Geotagging would be nice if found already in our cameras!  

Photo Comments

1 year 3 days ago #653700 by Steve Zahra
Does this work on Android phones? 

Photo Comments

1 year 3 days ago #653711 by Tim Chiang

1 year 3 days ago #653798 by Ruby Grace
First time seeing this.   Well when you  consider how much larger other  remotes are, this thing is tiny.  So you would have a greater  chance of knocking off others  than  this thing.  I  would say your only downside is possibly miss-placing this thing. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

1 year 3 days ago #653802 by garyrhook
The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

Photo Comments

1 year 3 days ago #653807 by Ruby Grace

garyrhook wrote: The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

How do you suppose?  

OP stated "My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general."

He is  concerned about size, the larger this is, the larger it would be subject-able to getting hit.  The smaller would result in less odds of it getting hit off. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

1 year 3 days ago #653825 by Nefarious
Pretty sure that thing will fit in the whole on side of L bracket.  Which of course will block anything from hitting that thing.  

Photo Comments

1 year 2 days ago #653861 by Mike McKinnon
I wonder how those thumbnails look that it transmits back?  I had one of these Alpine Pulses and the thumbnails hardly ever came over and when they did, it looked a like a image shown on a 1998 Nokia cell phone.  :rofl:

1 year 2 days ago #653883 by neal1977
Not a lot of reviews out there on it.  Would be nice to see how it works with video. 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Our upcoming photography trek and adventure series will provide you with actionable steps you can take to improve your photography and get ready for outdoor adventures of your own.

Aug 04, 2020

Photographing fog and photographing mist can be a challenge, but with these tips, you can get improved images on early morning foggy landscapes.

Aug 04, 2020

In this Sony a5100 vs Sony a6000 comparison review, you'll learn how these cameras are similar and different, including build quality, video performance, price, and more!

Aug 03, 2020

Do you need a DSLR camera bag and a mirrorless camera bag? Don't buy two! Instead, this camera bag can accommodate both kinds of systems.

Aug 03, 2020

By using these photography business tips, you can improve your business communication skills, minimize misunderstandings, and secure more clients.

Jul 30, 2020

Learning how to shoot for stock photography is a simple matter of keeping tabs on stock photography trends, learning how to see creatively, and other simple tasks.

Jul 30, 2020

The RevoRing by H&Y is one of the most innovative photography products of the year. It's also the most-funded filter accessory in Kickstarter history!

Jul 29, 2020

Decorating your home with photos doesn't have to be a difficult process. With these tips on how to hang photos, you'll be able to decorate your home in no time!

Jul 29, 2020