Foolography Unleased camera remote??

1 month 3 weeks ago #653560 by Pete Franko
Anyone try this remote?  I need a new remote for my D750 and a buddy forwarded me a link to this remote. I like the time lapse functions of it. 

My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general.

How is the connection via blue tooth.  Does it ever drop signal? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #653562 by Sanford
Interesting.  Well it looks low profile.  That might even fit in side the L bracket hole for the side, which would protect it.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653657 by JaneK
I don't have one, a friend bought one with their Kickstarter a couple years ago.  She loves it.  This company is from Germany.  Very well engineered from what I understand.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653658 by H Rocky
Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653661 by Chris Grimm
Hmmmm, would be concerned about it falling out.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653664 by D Hornick

H Rocky wrote: Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing about the name.  Geotagging looks promising too.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653675 by Chris Grimm
Geotagging would be nice if found already in our cameras!  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653700 by Steve Zahra
Does this work on Android phones? 

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653711 by Tim Chiang

1 month 2 weeks ago #653798 by Ruby Grace
First time seeing this.   Well when you  consider how much larger other  remotes are, this thing is tiny.  So you would have a greater  chance of knocking off others  than  this thing.  I  would say your only downside is possibly miss-placing this thing. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653802 by garyrhook
The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653807 by Ruby Grace

garyrhook wrote: The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

How do you suppose?  

OP stated "My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general."

He is  concerned about size, the larger this is, the larger it would be subject-able to getting hit.  The smaller would result in less odds of it getting hit off. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653825 by Nefarious
Pretty sure that thing will fit in the whole on side of L bracket.  Which of course will block anything from hitting that thing.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #653861 by Mike McKinnon
I wonder how those thumbnails look that it transmits back?  I had one of these Alpine Pulses and the thumbnails hardly ever came over and when they did, it looked a like a image shown on a 1998 Nokia cell phone.  :rofl:

1 month 2 weeks ago #653883 by neal1977
Not a lot of reviews out there on it.  Would be nice to see how it works with video. 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D5 is a big professional camera, but is it worth the nearly $6,000 price tag? Find out in this Nikon D5 review.

Sep 16, 2019

If you're looking for the best laptop for photo editing, you've come to the right place. From the best budget laptop to laptops over $2,000, these computers will fit any budget.

Sep 10, 2019

In this Canon EOS M6 Mark II review, learn about the essential specs, features, pros, and cons of Canon's newest mirrorless camera.

Sep 10, 2019

The Canon T7i is an entry-level camera with some excellent features that will help you learn and grow as a photographer. Find out if it's the right camera for you in this Canon T7i review.

Sep 09, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this gift guide, find inspiration for some of the best gifts for photographers under $1,000. From lights to camera bags, cameras to massive prints, you can find just about anything for the photographer on your list.

Sep 20, 2019

Looking to take your camera away from the crowds? Consider these off-the-beaten-path travel destinations for photographers as a great place to start!

Sep 20, 2019

Photo by Cristal Malek Photography Meet Cozette and Bordreaux. They're your typical parents, except they are French Bulldogs. But French Bulldogs enjoy the...

Sep 20, 2019

Video recording glasses have been around for awhile now, so they're nothing new. However, recent price drops have made them quite affordable. Check out the best video recording glasses on our list of budget-friendly options.

Sep 19, 2019

Camera sling bags are a top choice for photographers that want functionality, comfort, and ease of use. Here's our pick for the top 5 camera sling bags of 2019.

Sep 18, 2019

The Fujifilm X-A7 was recently announced as the successor to the X-A5. With some significant improvements, it might just be the best entry-level mirrorless camera on the market.

Sep 18, 2019

If your photo is flat and lacks much in the way of color and contrast, you can use these post-processing tips to add life to a flat photo.

Sep 17, 2019

Photo by Joe deSousa on Unsplash There are certain questionable tactics in the real estate game, like promising free pizzas for...

Sep 17, 2019