Foolography Unleased camera remote??

4 years 8 months ago #653560 by Pete Franko
Anyone try this remote?  I need a new remote for my D750 and a buddy forwarded me a link to this remote. I like the time lapse functions of it. 

My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general.

How is the connection via blue tooth.  Does it ever drop signal? 

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653562 by Sanford
Interesting.  Well it looks low profile.  That might even fit in side the L bracket hole for the side, which would protect it.  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653657 by JaneK
I don't have one, a friend bought one with their Kickstarter a couple years ago.  She loves it.  This company is from Germany.  Very well engineered from what I understand.  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653658 by H Rocky
Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653661 by Chris Grimm
Hmmmm, would be concerned about it falling out.  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653664 by D Hornick

H Rocky wrote: Funny name for a company.  

Time lapse tools :beerbang:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing about the name.  Geotagging looks promising too.  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653675 by Chris Grimm
Geotagging would be nice if found already in our cameras!  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653700 by Steve Zahra
Does this work on Android phones? 

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653711 by Tim Chiang

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653798 by Ruby Grace
First time seeing this.   Well when you  consider how much larger other  remotes are, this thing is tiny.  So you would have a greater  chance of knocking off others  than  this thing.  I  would say your only downside is possibly miss-placing this thing. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653802 by garyrhook
The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653807 by Ruby Grace

garyrhook wrote: The size of this thing is irrelevant. I've broken a cable.

How do you suppose?  

OP stated "My only concern is wacky that thing and snapping off the male end of the plug inside my camera.  Would love to get some thoughts about that or device in general."

He is  concerned about size, the larger this is, the larger it would be subject-able to getting hit.  The smaller would result in less odds of it getting hit off. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653825 by Nefarious
Pretty sure that thing will fit in the whole on side of L bracket.  Which of course will block anything from hitting that thing.  

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #653861 by Mike McKinnon
I wonder how those thumbnails look that it transmits back?  I had one of these Alpine Pulses and the thumbnails hardly ever came over and when they did, it looked a like a image shown on a 1998 Nokia cell phone.  :rofl:

4 years 8 months ago #653883 by neal1977
Not a lot of reviews out there on it.  Would be nice to see how it works with video. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024