Iceland or Center Europe for winter photography getaway?

9 months 1 week ago #655040 by Sandy Smith Photos
I'm starting my planning for upcoming winter photographic getaway.  Is Iceland played out?  

Would you consider somewhere mainland Europe instead if so, where would you go?  

I'm into landscapes and photographing historic culture if that makes sense.  Like buildings and such. 

Thanks for the help!  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago #655134 by Chase Audate
Prague or Austria

Photo Comments

9 months 1 week ago #655144 by Nikon Shooter

Chase Audate wrote: Prague or Austria

Both destinations are really great but winter lowers the odds
for Prague and lower valleys in Austria because winters are
quite grey.

The Alpes at most time though when over the clouds.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

9 months 1 week ago #655269 by Cristy Fields
OMG, travel up both sides of Italy. Beautiful light and amazing spots to photograph there.   

Photo Comments

9 months 1 week ago #655396 by Instamixes
Iceland is a very good place to do click some awesome photos. You can do many things in Iceland. Capturing the Northern Lights can be a great experience to have. Check this article to know what else you can do in Iceland.

9 months 1 week ago #655430 by Crammer
Why not Norway or Finland?  

Photo Comments

9 months 1 week ago #655560 by Fran Welch
For me, I would be all about central Europe.  It's going to be warmer and more things to do and see IMHO.

Photo Comments

9 months 1 week ago #655615 by Chester Foster
Head further south to Italy where it's warmer.  Not to mention the food is amazing.  

8 months 3 weeks ago #657809 by Carter Gledhill
I'll be in Iceland in Jan 2020 to photograph the northern lights!  

8 months 3 weeks ago #657878 by effron
If I could, I'd do Norway, Scotland/Shetlands, Ireland and Wales....Iceland can get crowded....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

8 months 3 weeks ago #657879 by Shadowfixer1
Faroe Islands.

8 months 2 weeks ago #657905 by Carter Gledhill
Have you been to Faroe Islands?  I've heard it's a mashup between Norway and Ireland feeling.  

8 months 2 weeks ago #658159 by MM Images
Central Europe will be likely cheaper to travel to and more things to photograph.  Something to keep in mind. 

Photo Comments

7 months 1 week ago #662501 by tony-burgos
For me Burgtheater. This is the centre of German-language theatre in Austria, so you probably won’t be buying a ticket to a performance. But that doesn’t mean you cannot look around inside. The in-house tours take you to both staircases, the auditorium, the stage and various bits in between.

7 months 1 week ago #662612 by Pat White
I would love to go to Iceland one day.  Does that answer your question?

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

In the Fujifilm X-T2 vs Fujifulm X-T3 battle, which one comes out on top? These cameras are evenly matched, yet have distinct advantages all their own.

May 05, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

There are more ways to carry camera gear than the strap that came with your camera. Give one of these beautiful, well-made, comfortable options a try.

May 20, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Offering your clients a high-quality photo album is a great idea. Offering them bespoke photo album add-ons is an even better option!

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

In this Snaptiles vs Mixtiles comparison, learn which photo tile is better from a build quality standpoint and ease of use.

May 19, 2020