Two Of My Photo Are Going To Be In A Gallery In NYC.

3 months 1 week ago #676857 by thephotoman
Last year, I found out about this cool photography opportunity to share your photos with people around the world in print. It's called the Print Swap and it's for sharing your photos with other photographers anywhere in the world, if chosen they will print out our photo(s) and mail it to another photographer(s) and in return you get to select a photo(s) from another participating photographer(s). Also, last year they were selecting certain Print Swap Participants to be in "The Other Art Show" in Sydney, Australia. It's like a big fine art festival hosted by Staachi Art a website for selling fine art in different mediums. My photo of a Roseate Spoonbill was chosen to be on display in Sydney. This year, I found out that all participating photographers are going to have their photo(s) displayed in The Foley Gallery in NYC and two of my photos were chosen. 

Here's the photo from last year and below that the two that will be on display in March. 

Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: TAMRON 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD B028
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Captured: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 14:07pm
Model: Canon EOS 70D
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/5.0
Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec
Captured: Thu, 24 May 2018 8:33am
Model: Canon EOS R
ISO: 160
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter speed: 1/80 sec
Captured: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 4:56am

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #676859 by Crammer
Way to go!  That top shot is amazing, how did you get the perfect black background for that one?  The colors really jump off it.  

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #676879 by Khelm
+1 I also would like to ask about the composition of the photo--specifically the background.  Thanks

3 months 1 week ago #676894 by thephotoman
The way I get my black backgrounds is, I adjust the sliders so that the majority of the background is dark or black, then I take the adjustment brush in Lightroom and change the exposure, contrast, and black settings, and brush the rest of the photo until the background is completely black. 

I know most people probably think it was shot that way, but it was done in Lightroom. I also did some cropping as well. The contrast and sharpness was mostly done in Luminar to bring out the colors. 

3 months 1 week ago #676897 by BrokenCanon
I'm mot sure I want someone else photo being sent to me a swap per-say. One can also do this type of "easy" exhibition with the use of Gurushots or Viewbug . The only trouble is, I'm not willing to associate or link any bank account or credit card to have my work showcased by both of these services. I've been pushing both of these services to offer or amend how they do things. I want to be able to pay with a prepaid  visa/master card or a type of gift card. So until this happens, one will prob never see any of my works at any of these site's exhibitions. I guess I'm thankful I've been asked to showcase locally instead. But one never knows if someone viewing my work at this exhibit would offer to have more of my work featured ins another show somewhere else in the world. As I go into more detail within this link:  www.photographytalk.com/forum/editing-an...y-exhibition-benefit

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #676938 by thephotoman
You actually don’t have to pay unless your photos get approved for the swap. Although, last year they didn’t automatically get included in the Art Show, mine just happen to get selected for that also. However, this year they are also including the photos in exhibitions at certain galleries depending on when you submitted your work. They also made me sign a contract last year, because they would be trying to sell the work at the fair for a commission, but I got to set the price. It didn’t end up selling, so they destroyed the print afterwards. They made a 16x20 print exclusively for the Art Show. They also sent me photos of the display since I couldn’t make it all the way to Australia. 

I do see your point though. They say the $40 for each photo is for them to get it printed and mailed out to the other photographer. I think they also accepted PayPal payments as well. They are also the owners of the FeatureShoot blog which I knew of from the past to be legit. 

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are many reasons why you should print on metal, including the durability and uniqueness of metal prints, as well as all the options you have for customizing your print.

May 29, 2020

Razer has unleashed the 2020 version of their Blade 15 Studio, and it is an incredible machine with the power visual creatives need.

May 29, 2020

Canvas or paper prints can be a nice addition to your home, but each one has distinct advantages and disadvantages that are helpful to know before you buy.

May 27, 2020

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

I have two high-powered laptops on my desk. In this Macbook vs Razer comparison, I'll break these computers down by specs, pros, and cons.

May 27, 2020

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

If you're in the market for a new camera strap and you want something custom and handmade, look no further than these custom camera straps from Holdfast.

May 26, 2020

You can learn nude photography with any kind of camera. What's more important is to focus on the process and making the model (and yourself) as comfortable as possible.

May 26, 2020