PhotoPlus 2020 still on in October??

3 years 9 months ago #689200 by Stacy Craig
Look at what is happening right now, summer time, the supposed to be "slow season" for covid.  What do you think will happen when things cool down?  Not a chance this will take place.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689210 by Scott Klubeck
Those that attend will be part of statistics of Covid cases 7-14 days after the expo.  No thank you. 

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689236 by Monica Lafforgue
I hate going to the supermarket these days.  Let alone any conventions with people all over the world attending.  

So, +1 for sitting this one out.  

3 years 9 months ago #689255 by Justin
Attendance has been going down hill for the last few years already.  I doubt there would be hardly anyone there this year.  Honestly I would be surprised on many vendors wanting to be there either.  

Very nice to meet you!
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689270 by Ian Stone
I'm in NYC, and will say there is no way this will go off.  Look at how our governor is handling people coming in from infected states.  Can you imagine the logistics and mess from this? 

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689291 by TCooper
Not to mention you could be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival! 

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689343 by ShutterPal
Will be sitting out this one as well 

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689374 by Scuba Mike
Huh?  How is this even a consideration?  The country is on the verge of shutting down again.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689445 by Ian Stone

Scuba Mike wrote: Huh?  How is this even a consideration?  The country is on the verge of shutting down again.  

There is no way this will take place.  See my above comment. 

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689589 by Craig Stone
After reading this, I'm curious who would actually show up to this and which companies would actually weigh the risk.   I don't think there would be many either or.  And that's assuming the government doesn't stop this or put serious restrictions.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689663 by Tristan R
:agree: 1000% agree.   

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689796 by Sawyer
Big old pass from me.  

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689857 by Foggy
Bad move for PhotoPlus to have this.  That will be bad PR, which could tip the ship for these guys IMHO.  Attendance hasn't been all that good during last few years. 

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689968 by ThatNikonGuy
Well it looks like my surprise isn't alone.  

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #690311 by Conner
Heck no!  I'm going to avoid large groups till this crap is over with or at least legitimately under control.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024