Shooting with eye glasses is super annoying

1 year 5 months ago #747713 by Vladimir
I got side tracked here and nearly forgot that I came here to post about my new eyeglasses and how much I enjoy shooting with these things on.  Actually  not.  What a PITA, especially during bright sunshine days.  I don't know how you all do it, but this is annoying.  I might need to get contacts for the days I'm going out with my camera.  

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #747714 by Esseff

Vladimir wrote: I got side tracked here and nearly forgot that I came here to post about my new eyeglasses and how much I enjoy shooting with these things on.  Actually  not.  What a PITA, especially during bright sunshine days.  I don't know how you all do it, but this is annoying.  I might need to get contacts for the days I'm going out with my camera.  

Same. I can't shoot anything with my glasses (using the viewfinder).

1 year 5 months ago #747716 by TCav
The only problem I've ever had is not seeing the entire frame, and the icons outside the frame.

1 year 5 months ago #747746 by CharleyL
I need to not wear glasses when looking at the subject, reading glasses when working with the camera and menus, but not when looking through the viewfinder, and when outside on bright Sunny days, I  need dark Sunglasses. So two pair of glasses that need to be put on and off. This has been a significant problem for many years. So, now the Sunglasses get put on top of my head when not in use, and the reading glasses have a string around my neck so they can rest on my chest when not in use. I also hat when in the Sun, so when shooting this baseball type hat gets turned around backwards.

Charley

1 year 5 months ago #747755 by Hassner
I got used to mine. 
It was many years ago. 
I always choose frames that have the glass close to my eyes. 
I am very aware of cropping before I shoot, so I can see the whole image to the edges.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #747793 by Studio Queen
Yep, we all have the same issue with our eyes.  I started wearing contacts when I head out shooting for that exact reason. 

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #747906 by Dana Leeson

Esseff wrote:

Vladimir wrote: I got side tracked here and nearly forgot that I came here to post about my new eyeglasses and how much I enjoy shooting with these things on.  Actually  not.  What a PITA, especially during bright sunshine days.  I don't know how you all do it, but this is annoying.  I might need to get contacts for the days I'm going out with my camera.  

Same. I can't shoot anything with my glasses (using the viewfinder).

+1 I'm with you Esseff, viewfinder is a must for me.  

Photo Comments
1 year 4 months ago #748061 by Uplander
Getting old, nothing you can do about it

Photo Comments
1 year 4 months ago #748070 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Vladimir

Like most commonly experienced issues, the solution is available and not expensive .... go to the camera maker's site and look up "dioptre adjustment viewfinder accessories"

Here's the equivalent for the Pentax range (that I have used in the past)
PENTAX Diopter Correction Lens Adapter
www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/pe...-lens-adapter-m.html
The Correction Lens Adapter fits all PENTAX DSLRs and film cameras

Hope this helps
Phil

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 year 4 months ago #748093 by Razky

Vladimir wrote: I got side tracked here and nearly forgot that I came here to post about my new eyeglasses and how much I enjoy shooting with these things on. Actually not. What a PITA, especially during bright sunshine days. I don't know how you all do it, but this is annoying. I might need to get contacts for the days I'm going out with my camera.

My glasses have progressive lenses, most of my finders have rubber eyecups - never a problem with viewing or focus. Never had use for an LCD screen outdoors. 

1 year 4 months ago #748179 by Camera Diva
Can't you adjust your diopter so it matches your eyes?

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
1 year 4 months ago #748228 by Colorado Mike
I wear glasses, but just focus my camera on something close, then I spin my diopter till the image is sharp without my glasses.  Problem solved.  

Photo Comments
1 year 4 months ago #748290 by Mike McKinnon
+1 simple as that

1 year 4 months ago #748344 by Vladimir
Bingo!  Thank you, that worked.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The ideal portrait photography location is out there; it's a simple matter of finding it! Using this guide, you can discover the best places for outdoor portraits!

Jun 17, 2024

The Canon R8 is a budget-friendly full frame camera with high-end photo and video features. In other words, there are plenty of reasons to upgrade to an R8!

Jun 14, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024