MPB used gear origin

1 year 6 months ago #747923 by Richard Taylor
Just confirming, if you buy gear from MPB website and you are in the United States, that gear is from USA, and not other countries, right?  

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #747942 by TCav
That sounds like a question for MPB.

1 year 6 months ago #747947 by icepics
The company is in the UK (in Brighton, or at least that's where they started). They had a warehouse here that they used for shipping and returns; now as far as I know they have an office here in the US. I don't know where they obtain cameras they sell.

Sharon
Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #748118 by Amy Porter
When you buy from U.S. website, all that gear is procured from here in the states.  Overseas is left for overseas markets.  

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #748220 by Richard Taylor

TCav wrote: That sounds like a question for MPB.

I emailed them on Monday (two days ago) and still waiting on answer.  

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #748221 by Richard Taylor

icepics wrote: The company is in the UK (in Brighton, or at least that's where they started). They had a warehouse here that they used for shipping and returns; now as far as I know they have an office here in the US. I don't know where they obtain cameras they sell.

OK, thank you for your help!  I sent email on Monday, so hopefully I'll hear something soon from them.  

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #748277 by Inez Villarin
I bought a lens from KEH last October and asked where they pull their gear from and got them to assure it was USA gear. 

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #748308 by Jerrid

Inez Villarin wrote: I bought a lens from KEH last October and asked where they pull their gear from and got them to assure it was USA gear. 

They are talking about MPB, different company.  I don't think KEH has a overseas location.  That said, to the OP question, this was a question I had asked MPB years ago, as it was important to me before I bought from them.  I was assured that they don't mix gear from overseas with the USA market.  Now this was a good 3-4 years ago when I asked this. Actually might have been around the 3 year mark.  Either way, it's been a minute.  That said, I've bought many lenses from them and (knock on wood) no problems.  I hope this helps.  

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #748322 by Don Granger
What's funny is reading this post, I will honestly admit, when I'm shopping on MPB, I have thought the same.  I'll go further and say that I've wondered if for example they are running low on Nikon Z7 bodies here in the USA market and there is a huge demand, will they pull from a slower market that has inventory to make the sale in the more demanding market?  They sell these with 90 day warranty through themselves.  Any sort of manufacture warranty will likely be toast, and most won't check anyway.  Makes you wonder!  ha ha ha

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #748342 by Richard Taylor
Thank you all, I feel much better about this now.  These days it can’t hurt to ask!  Speaking of KEH, between the two, which has the better inventory?    

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #748370 by Petroguy
I just pulled up this company on Google, so when you all are buying used stuff, how do you know you are getting something that is going to last?  Or better yet, what if a lens you buy breaks or stops working 5 months down the road? At least with buying new you get a warranty.  As I have said in one of my first posts on this site, I'm a bit new to all of this and really learning the ropes at this point.  

1 year 5 months ago #748437 by Ian Stone

Petroguy wrote: I just pulled up this company on Google, so when you all are buying used stuff, how do you know you are getting something that is going to last?  Or better yet, what if a lens you buy breaks or stops working 5 months down the road? At least with buying new you get a warranty.  As I have said in one of my first posts on this site, I'm a bit new to all of this and really learning the ropes at this point.  

They have a 90 day or 6 month warranty.  And I want to say you can get an extended warranty on top of that.  

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #748943 by Craig Stone
Does it REALLY matter?  If the gear is out of warranty from the manufacture and MPB is giving warranty, isn't that enough?

Photo Comments
1 year 5 months ago #748946 by Screamin Scott
One point to ponder, if the gear is bought from someone in the States, who's to say it wasn't a grey market item they bought?. Yeah, they give you a 6-month warranty, but if it's grey market, you might find out repairs are hard to come by after that period from OEM sites if the item was grey market to begin with.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024