Thoughts and experience with Rollei 6000 series

5 months 3 weeks ago #757995 by Carriche1991
Hello everyone! :lol:

I just wanted to ask you guys, if anybody has experience here with any of the Rolleiflex 6000 series.
I am planning to buy this camera (6001) and the Rollei Sonnar 4/150 mm HFT PQS.
What do you think about this set? 
I should mention that this is going to be my first Medium Format camera.
Thank you in advance!

5 months 6 days ago - 5 months 6 days ago #758605 by Whynaut
Hey there!

Super cool to hear you're diving into the Rolleiflex 6000 world, especially with the 6001 model and that Rollei Sonnar 4/150 mm lens! I've got a buddy who's pretty deep into medium format photography, and let me tell you, it's a whole different ball game, but in the best way possible.

The Rolleiflex 6001 is kind of a legend. It's built like a tank, and the image quality? Just wow. It’s not your everyday point-and-shoot, so get ready for something special. And with medium format, you'll see details and depth in your shots that'll just blow you away.

Now, about that lens – the Rollei Sonnar 4/150 mm – it's a stunner. Sonnar lenses have this reputation for being super sharp and giving your photos this amazing contrast. It's perfect for portraits. You'll get this beautiful, creamy background blur that just makes your subject pop.

But hey, just a heads up: jumping into medium format is a bit of a learning curve, especially if you're coming from 35mm or digital. It's like learning to drive a classic car when you're used to an automatic. But trust me, it's worth it. The whole process is more hands-on, and it really makes you think about every shot. It's kind of an art form in itself.

In short, you've picked a killer combo to start your medium format journey. It's gonna be a blast, and you'll probably learn a ton. If you ever get stuck or need some tips, just shout. The medium format community is super helpful. Can't wait to see what you'll create with that setup! 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024