Client is asking for 4x8 foot metal print

4 months 3 weeks ago #759019 by Joslyn
I have a client who has redecorated their home and one of the photos I took for them last year, they want it printed on metal at a 4x8' size!  I have no clue who would even offer a print that large.  Can you suggestion one please?  

Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #759028 by CharleyL
I don't know about metal prints that size, and enlarging for 4 X 8' and larger billboards is now quite common, but when enlarging this much you need to realize that these large photos are not near as perfect and clear as their smaller counterparts. You usually don't stand at arms length to view billboards. You see them from 50 or more feet away, so any imperfections and graininess becomes more acceptable when viewed from this distance.. This will not be the case when placed on a wall in an average size home.

It is possible to print this photo 4' wide on a wide format printer using photo quality paper, so I think you should try having it done on photo paper first to see if this image printed this size will be acceptable to the client, before even attempting to have it done on metal.

Sorry, but I have no experience in metal prints made this large. I do have two printers that are capable of 4' wide printing on photo paper up to 120' in length, so I've had experience printing this large, but both printers are in storage since my present studio does not have the room for them.

Charley

4 months 3 weeks ago #759029 by Glen Mosley
Shiny Prints is going to be a good place to start, they print up to 48x96".  I can't even imagine how that is to hang!  

Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #759033 by Little Kate

Glen Mosley wrote: Shiny Prints is going to be a good place to start, they print up to 48x96".  I can't even imagine how that is to hang!  

Shipping is going to be the headache I bet.  But a large print like that will look so beautiful!

Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #759043 by CaptNemo
Shiny Prints is a great option, also check out Largemetalprints.com as well.  Never had a print that larger but believe Shiny Prints does have the larger option if you need true 4x8'.  

Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #759072 by Ruby Grace
OMG that is same size sheet as walls in my home.  Imagine creating a huge pano and having that printed on sheets like this and covering entire walls in a room?  WOW that would be beautiful.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #759094 by ThatNikonGuy
No kidding that would be impressive, but you want to make sure the frame is metal.  Well technically I think you would glue directly on the wall with no frame.  

Photo Comments
4 months 2 weeks ago #759224 by Fitch

Little Kate wrote:

Glen Mosley wrote: Shiny Prints is going to be a good place to start, they print up to 48x96".  I can't even imagine how that is to hang!  

Shipping is going to be the headache I bet.  But a large print like that will look so beautiful!

+1 Understatement!  

Photo Comments
4 months 2 weeks ago #759322 by Sean Lamber
Shipping would need to be done via freight 100%

Photo Comments
4 months 1 week ago #759454 by Randy Shaw
Try Large Metal Prints

Photo Comments
4 months 1 week ago #759608 by Ted Baker
Shiny Prints?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024