How to remove yellowish color on video shot?

6 months 4 weeks ago #759974 by Karen Russell
The video I shot today managed to have a rather strong yellowish color/tint to it.  Whats strange is that I didn't change any camera settings other than ISO to get correct exposure.  I've not seen this before.  How can this be correct and while asking here, any idea why this could have happened?  

I appreciate you.  Thank you

Photo Comments
6 months 3 weeks ago #759995 by db3348
Karen ,

One likely reason for colours being what they are ,  is the type of light you're shooting in , combined with the White Balance setting on camera : natural daylight ? or artificial lighting ? ( aka indoors and stadium / arena lamps ),  the latter being what I suspect you were shooting in .
On your Canon 5D ,  do you use Auto White Balance , or the white balance preset settings on top screen ?
Perhaps when you were resetting ISO , you may have also accidentally bumped the white balance off it's setting .

If you do any post-processing of your photos,  your photo processing app will probably have a colour adjustment tool to change the yellow colour to some extent .

cheers

db3348

Photo Comments
6 months 3 weeks ago #760145 by Street Shark
Color grade in whatever editor you are using, it's easy

Photo Comments
6 months 2 weeks ago #760427 by EtherArts
A sudden strong yellow tint in your video may be due to a white balance issue. Check and adjust the white balance settings on your camera to correct the color shift.

Photo Comments
6 months 1 week ago #760623 by CharleyL
You should also be able to correct the white balance of the video shot with your video editor. No need for a re-shoot.

Charley

6 months 1 week ago #760661 by Chipper
White balance during color grading and you will be good 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024