Any tips on street photography?

13 years 2 months ago #37183 by G edge
Any tips on street photography?

13 years 2 months ago #37184 by pics cool
Street photography comes alive when you train your eye to single out a composition that has something to say from amid the busy goings-on all about you. It has little to do with your equipment.

13 years 2 months ago #37200 by G edge
Thanks. I'll keep an eye open. lol

13 years 2 months ago #37227 by Silver Fox
Did you see the video in the tips section here? I will get and post for you... BRB

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #37228 by Silver Fox

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #37241 by G edge

Silver Fox wrote: Here you go: www.photographytalk.com/index.php?option...&id=33715&Itemid=189

Thank you, I will check it out.

13 years 2 months ago #37636 by alley

13 years 2 months ago #37834 by JV 06
I just can not get the courage to shoot street photography.

13 years 2 months ago #38054 by KZAM

JV 06 wrote: I just can not get the courage to shoot street photography.

What are you afraid or concerned of?

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38216 by Scuba Mike
That was a good video :beerbang:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38269 by honey bear
According to Wikipedia, "Street photography uses the techniques of straight photography in that it shows a pure vision of something, like holding up a mirror to society. Street photography often tends to be ironic and can be distanced from its subject matter, and often concentrates on a single human moment, caught at a decisive or poignant moment."

Go to Wikipedia and follow some of their links to some well-known street photographers and see what they do. Then take their ideas, but turn them into your own work with your own inspirations.

I photographed a stretch limo on one of the poorest streets in New Orleans a few months ago. I also like to look for iconic business symbols in unexpected places. Like finding a McDonald's wrapper in my yard, a Winchell's Doughnut box in the gutter, things like that.

13 years 2 months ago #38410 by Stealthy Ninja
Do it on the streets.
13 years 2 months ago #38755 by effron

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024