difference Between Canon XSi & Nikon D3100???

13 years 2 months ago #37608 by LovePhotography
So as most of you know I went to my nieces 5th birthday party and did not use a monopod - it worked out fine

BUT Question - my sister in law's brother had a Nikon D3100 and Oh my GOD I love that camera.

Can someone tell me the differnece other then the menu screens which is so SO easier to use then the canon -

I think that I might want to get a Nikon D3100 - and what is the difference between the D3100 & D3000 is there are any??

I LOVE the camera so would love to hear from users out there??

13 years 2 months ago #37618 by Jeffster
Is that what you have right now a Canon XSi?

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #37626 by Baydream

Jeffster wrote: Is that what you have right now a Canon XSi?

Right - with 3 lenses. ????

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #37628 by Screamin Scott
Not a user, but here is a side by side comparison of the features of the Nikon 3000, 3100 & the Canon Xsi...
www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #37658 by LovePhotography
yes

13 years 2 months ago #37659 by LovePhotography
3 lenses are good - With the Nikon he had two = and said that was all that he needed

13 years 2 months ago #37660 by LovePhotography
Thanks... I will check out that

13 years 2 months ago #37781 by crystal

LovePhotography wrote: 3 lenses are good - With the Nikon he had two = and said that was all that he needed

Yes and he is probably right, depending what he is shooting.
Just like the lenses you have, for right now, is all you need.
13 years 2 months ago #38174 by LovePhotography
True... I just LOVE How it is so Easy to read and Understand..

It is a LOWER End Nikon???

13 years 2 months ago #38188 by crystal
yes
13 years 2 months ago #38206 by Rob pix4u2
but even as it is a lower end Nikon it is entry level so the body is good to learn on

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 2 months ago #38241 by Baydream
The original ? was diff between the D3100 and the XSi.

The D3100 is a much newer model than the XSi by 2 1/2 years. It currently falls between the Canon T2i (6 mo older) and T3i (6 mo newer) both in time of release and price.

Don't forget to look at those also when making a decision.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38448 by LovePhotography
I just LOVED the menu screen - I have yet to see the pictures - as I love Canon quality - but the menu is making me think that is the best..

I am looking into getting one... I hope by the end of the Summer - then I will have a back up

13 years 2 months ago #38449 by LovePhotography
It seemed VERY easy to understand - and it has pictures and Stuff - Just seems better that way then my Canon..

13 years 2 months ago #38456 by crystal

LovePhotography wrote: I just LOVED the menu screen - I have yet to see the pictures - as I love Canon quality - but the menu is making me think that is the best..

I am looking into getting one... I hope by the end of the Summer - then I will have a back up

Buying a Nikon as a backup, since you already have a Canon, would kinda be stupid. You would have to buy all new lenses for the Nikon. Or buy the adaptor to use canon lenses on the nikon body.
All I can say is, must be nice to have money to just spend on photography equipment like it's nothing.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024