Which camera manufacture got hit the worst?

13 years 2 months ago #37941 by Hawkins
I was just reading the press about Nikon, and how they are saying inventory is going to be very lean for some time. How bad did the other camera companies get hit? Who got hit the worst?

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #37942 by Screamin Scott
That's a good question that may be hard to answer. The reason I say that, is that I work for Subaru of America & we get most of our parts from suppliers in Japan thru our parent company (Fuji Heavy Industries)..Fuji's facilities were not too severely damaged, but the auxiliary companies that supply parts to Fuji for our cars were hit harder. I think the same will likely hold true for all Japanese businesses as no manufacturer makes all of the parts for their products...Same goes for products made here in the USA, Some GM plants outsource some parts from Japan as well & will also be affected....Global economy you know...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #37944 by Hawkins
WOW this is so bad from on a global scale!

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38021 by Addicted2Photos

Hawkins wrote: WOW this is so bad from on a global scale!

:agree: I think this will become more clear how just bad things are in the next month :(

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38061 by KZAM

Addicted2Photos wrote:

Hawkins wrote: WOW this is so bad from on a global scale!

:agree: I think this will become more clear how just bad things are in the next month :(

If all the reports are correct, the industry is going to get hit with a dose of reality in a month! :(

This is such a tragedy.

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38147 by effron
Yeah, there will be some delays and shortages for a while, however Nikon, and the Japanese people for that matter, will land on their feet. Nikon has plants in other areas, they will shift some production. The Japanese are possibly the most disciplined and industrious people on the planet, once they get those reactors under control, they'll get to work.......

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38220 by Jeffster

effron wrote: Yeah, there will be some delays and shortages for a while, however Nikon, and the Japanese people for that matter, will land on their feet. Nikon has plants in other areas, they will shift some production. The Japanese are possibly the most disciplined and industrious people on the planet, once they get those reactors under control, they'll get to work.......

:agree: understatement!

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38259 by Scotty
Nikon got hit the worst

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38705 by HawaiiGuy

Scotty wrote: Nikon got hit the worst

Entire plant wasn't it?

13 years 2 months ago #38730 by Stealthy Ninja

effron wrote: Yeah, there will be some delays and shortages for a while, however Nikon, and the Japanese people for that matter, will land on their feet. Nikon has plants in other areas, they will shift some production. The Japanese are possibly the most disciplined and industrious people on the planet, once they get those reactors under control, they'll get to work.......

:agree:
13 years 2 months ago #38731 by Stealthy Ninja

HawaiiGuy wrote:

Entire plant wasn't it?

Plant wasn't damaged, just close to an area that was hit buy the tsunami. So I suppose some workers are affected by it and they also don't have reliable power right now (not good for a factory).
13 years 2 months ago #39091 by BDavis

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

HawaiiGuy wrote:

Entire plant wasn't it?

Plant wasn't damaged, just close to an area that was hit buy the tsunami. So I suppose some workers are affected by it and they also don't have reliable power right now (not good for a factory).

So it's just a power supply issue? Granted that is big, but not as big as plant being damaged. Good to know, hope the people of Japan are getting back on their feet!

13 years 2 months ago #39188 by Travel Nut

BDavis wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

HawaiiGuy wrote:

Entire plant wasn't it?

So it's just a power supply issue? Granted that is big, but not as big as plant being damaged. Good to know, hope the people of Japan are getting back on their feet!

Considering how efficient the Japanese people are, I bet they will rebound very quickly.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024