Does Adorama have a catalog?

12 years 10 months ago #96745 by Slick Man
I have a B&H one, but was wondering if Adorama has one. For price comparisons.

I'd rather be shooting!
12 years 10 months ago #96779 by robbie

Slick Man wrote: I have a B&H one, but was wondering if Adorama has one. For price comparisons.

A faster and more up to date method would to compare the prices online.I`m sure you will find cheaper
prices for some things elsewhere.Just shop around and do your search.

12 years 10 months ago #96793 by icepics
I don't know if Adorama does a large catalog, I've gotten a couple of small seasonal ones from them - the most recent I have is Spring 2011. I've done searches on their website to see if they have a specific item. You can always call, that seems to be the fastest way to find out if something's in stock and available.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #96911 by Henry Peach
Most of the things I look up in the B&H catalog say "call for price" next to them. There's a lot more info, including prices, online. I can't seem to get them to stop sending me this giant waste of paper.
12 years 10 months ago #97875 by Oscar Cohen
I like catalogs just to have around the house when you don't want a computer with you.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98037 by icepics
When the KEH catalog comes in the mail I have my nose in it and get nothing else done. I enjoy browsing thru it but then either call or place the order online. I get tired of looking at the computer screen and still enjoy looking at catalogs (altho I've gotten some I don't really want or use).

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98215 by Street Shark
What would be nice is for B&H and Adorama to have iPad Apps!

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98401 by HelenOster

Street Shark wrote: What would be nice is for B&H and Adorama to have iPad Apps!

We are working on it!

Slick Man wrote: I have a B&H one, but was wondering if Adorama has one. For price comparisons.

We only producs seasonal booklets. Customer feedback was that as prices can change so rapidly from one publication to the next - and that the laws governing the advertising of prices on the 'net versus in print are different - that they'd prefer us to save trees and resources.

My understanding is that if you place an order you should receive a booklet with it.
If not or you'd like me to have one sent out to you, please drop me an email with your mailing address, to; [email protected]

Helen Oster
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #98519 by No Show
Catalogs are good for reading in rooms where you don't want your computers to be. :whistle:

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98745 by KZAM

Street Shark wrote: What would be nice is for B&H and Adorama to have iPad Apps!

You sure there isn't one? Seems like there should be one.

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98939 by HelenOster

KZAM wrote:

You sure there isn't one? Seems like there should be one.

We are in the process of working on one.

Helen Oster
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #98949 by Stealthy Ninja
hey Helen, I've seen you on many other photography forums. Welcome to PT.

How about Adorama becoming a site sponsor? ;)

PM Alex (site owner) if you're interested:
www.photographytalk.com/photography-comm...y/my-profile/64-alex
12 years 10 months ago #98969 by HelenOster

Stealthy Ninja wrote: hey Helen, I've seen you on many other photography forums. Welcome to PT.

How about Adorama becoming a site sponsor? ;)

PM Alex (site owner) if you're interested:
www.photographytalk.com/photography-comm...y/my-profile/64-alex

Actually, spoke to the team that deals with that a week or two ago, & I understand that they're already in discussion.....

PS
img\def

for the welcome!

Helen Oster
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #99013 by Stealthy Ninja
Sounds good. :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024