Poor cameras!

12 years 9 months ago #123946 by yzwild
So I guess getting caught in a rain storm isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be??.:unsure: .

Yvonne ;~)
12 years 9 months ago #123949 by VT Hiker
I have to wonder about the snowy camera. How did snow end up covering the tripod underneath the camera/lens? If there was a strong wind, why is snow covering it all the way around? That one might be the victim of a snowball fight crossfire. :whistle:

Every moment of light and dark is a miracle. - Walt Whitman
12 years 7 months ago #152596 by Elizabeth Loock
:huh: :toetap:

Well ... even though some say it is / was okay ... this is abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id give my teeth and more to have such "equipment". I can always send you my
address to send me this kinda equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 years 7 months ago #152597 by Rosemary Hyser
I don't have an expensive camera like that, but I guard mine against any bad weather. Put some cover over that camera.

12 years 7 months ago #152607 by geoffellis
Well... I wouldnt intentionally put my camera through that kind of abuse... however from my experience ive got my camera pretty freaking wet (rain) and its lasted fine. My primary concern though is less about the water and more about the possible condensation in the camera.
12 years 7 months ago #152840 by yonders
Looks like a test cam.... ;)

D Man

'Goan [not Gone] in the desert' (",).

12 years 6 months ago #159893 by drat24
now this is reallly cool

drat24
12 years 6 months ago #159900 by Imagegourmet
I'd be more concerned about the lenses.:toocrazy:
12 years 6 months ago #159926 by Janos

Imagegourmet wrote: I'd be more concerned about the lenses.:toocrazy:

How so? The bulk of electronics is in the camera body? Either way, those camera's look a bit on the chilly side.

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #159967 by fm48
The cameras are fine. No one said perhaps they were shooting in very snowy conditions. It doesn't take long to freeze stuff in the right weather.I have shot as low as 10 degrees and in a down pour for hours with my old trusted 1D Mark ll and my 24-70 mm 2.8 L and the survived undamaged .B) B)

12 years 6 months ago #159983 by imajik1
Ever heard of umbrellas ? Great invention for preventing precipitation to accumulate underneath them LOL

Cherish precious moments in Life... for we may return to the place... but never the time
12 years 6 months ago #160148 by TheNissanMan
To be fari both cameras in the examples look to be 1 series Canons with L glass which are generally weathersealed. As the 1 series are the pro line offerings from Canon I would be more concerned for a pro if they couldn't be used in daft weather "Sorry boss can't get pics of the monstrous storm today the camrea might break" etc...

I've had the 7D out in pretty nasty weather but try not to where possible.

12 years 6 months ago #160169 by The Time Capturer
My question is: "What does the photographer look like?" I've used my cameras in pouring rain and blinding snowstorms without any issues other than the battery. However, the camera in these pix appear like they were abandoned. They don't look like they were being used during the precip period. Makes me think it was a test ... as someone mentioned before.

Also, someone asked about the snow. Here in the Great White North, if it's wet snow and windy, it sticks to everything ... especially windshield wipers. :(

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 5 months ago #178027 by dr_skn08
hehehe... really poor camera !!!
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #178033 by blindsidephoto

Janos wrote:

Imagegourmet wrote: I'd be more concerned about the lenses.:toocrazy:

How so? The bulk of electronics is in the camera body? Either way, those camera's look a bit on the chilly side.

when you consider the lens costs as much as the camera does, (if not more) and if there is any way for the moisture to get into the lens (other than where it connects to the camera) then that would be a good reason to be more worried about the lens than the camera, but odds are the lens was in perfect condition, and since both those cameras were designed to take a beating, i would commend the owners of the camera for using the camera rather than letting the camera use you (by that i mean, not worrying about the camera, rather worry about the photo)

www.facebook.com/blindsidephoto

check it out and share it with your friends if you like it :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024