PhotographyTalk "Photographer Awareness" Video #4 is Live!

11 years 9 months ago #237205 by PhotographyTalk
It's been nearly a year since we have released a "Photographer Awareness" video, and our friends with Photodex.com with their "ProShow" slideshow tools stepped up to the plate and all I have to say is WOW! Impressive work Photodex! Their ProShow HD slideshow tools make it fun and easy for creating stunning videos.

Photodex "ProShow" is the recommended video slideshow platform that is recommended by PhotographyTalk. Check them out and get your free trial here: www.photodex.com

Here's episode #4 of the "Photographer Awareness" video. Congrats to all the photographers who were selected to be part of this video! If you would like your photos to be considered in our next "Photographer Awareness" video CLICK HERE .

11 years 9 months ago #237226 by Cathy Kadolph
Congrats to the photographers in the video, this was catchy to watch. I like the music and how it worked with the photos moving around.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #237240 by Rawley Photos
Well that turned out pretty good!

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #237244 by SJM
:thumbsup:

Country guy living in the big Apple!
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #237283 by photobod
seemed more like a promo for photodex to me !!!!!! and I only recognised one name, surely their are more regulars in the forum that would have quality photos for the awareness video ??? or is it just me, I did enjoy it by the way and well done Barry. :woohoo:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

11 years 9 months ago #237298 by Village Clown
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #237309 by Soccer Mom
I enjoyed this. The question is, how long did it take to make a video like this? Is this a web based platform or desktop??

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #237311 by Amanda_Eddy

Soccer Mom wrote: I enjoyed this. The question is, how long did it take to make a video like this? Is this a web based platform or desktop??

Hi there! I made the video and it took about 45mins from start to finish. (I'll be honest..most of that time was spell checking the photographer's names to make sure they were correct!)

Photodex has both desktop and web-based slideshow tools.

ProShow Gold and ProShow Producer are the desktop versions.

ProShow Web is the online tool.

All three create really spectacular videos, just depends on how much hands-on control you're looking for. Here's a comparison guide to check out.

Hope this answers your questions, thanks.

:)

Amanda

Photography Talk Members save 10% off ProShow slideshow tools. Use code 'N7VBHGGT' at checkout. www.photodex.com/eid9327/

Check out my blog! www.slideshowblog.com

11 years 9 months ago #237320 by Baydream

photobod wrote: seemed more like a promo for photodex to me !!!!!! and I only recognised one name, surely their are more regulars in the forum that would have quality photos for the awareness video ??? or is it just me, I did enjoy it by the way and well done Barry. :woohoo:

No, it's not just you. I think the photodex tags are fine as a vendor and for putting the video together but after being on here actively for a year and a half, I recognized one name (Barry).

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #237321 by hghlndr6

Baydream wrote:

photobod wrote: seemed more like a promo for photodex to me !!!!!! and I only recognised one name, surely their are more regulars in the forum that would have quality photos for the awareness video ??? or is it just me, I did enjoy it by the way and well done Barry. :woohoo:

No, it's not just you. I think the photodex tags are fine as a vendor and for putting the video together but after being on here actively for a year and a half, I recognized one name (Barry).

From what I've seen in the short time I've been here, there are many forum regulars whose work is excellent. I assume they would have been in there but didn't submit an entry... or perhaps we know only their screen names. I'm pleased that I made the cut. :)
Bob Mitchell.
11 years 9 months ago #237336 by Joe Photo Daddy
I thought the video was excellent, can't wait to see what is done for the next one. I might need to find some good shots to enter.

11 years 9 months ago #237359 by One Wish
Good stuff guys!

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #237477 by Gallery 59 Photography
I thought it was nice and clean so we could enjoy the photos shown. Beautiful work!
11 years 9 months ago #237987 by photobod

hghlndr6 wrote:

Baydream wrote:

From what I've seen in the short time I've been here, there are many forum regulars whose work is excellent. I assume they would have been in there but didn't submit an entry... or perhaps we know only their screen names. I'm pleased that I made the cut. :)
Bob Mitchell.

It wasnt a dig at any of the photographers chosen my friend, it was just a personal viewpoint, I like Baydream have been on this forum from very close to the beginning and I firmly believe that the regulars who contribute virtually every day of every week should be rewarded by having their photos used in these videos, it isnt even a personal gripe that none of my photos have been used as I didnt submit any, probably because I dont think they are good enough, however I do know some of our regulars are excellent photographers.
Just not sure when showing forum members work in this way, wether advertising is needed at that point, there are so many other areas where we have advertising in this forum, just a short mention at the end would have sufficed, not the 26 seconds of a 2 minute 26 second video, again just a personal viewpoint.
It is an excellent video, well made, with a great choice of music and some brilliant photos.
:watching:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

11 years 9 months ago #237989 by Stealthy Ninja
Nice video.

Almost as good as the old ones (says the most bias person on this forum... Alex'll get this joke).

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024