The Dick Mayo Sprint

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #237729 by TheNissanMan
Every year Castle Combe hosts the Dick Mayo Sprint, I took a trip down to see what it was all about. From a photography point of view it was relatively boring as one car sets off around the track every 20 seconds sothere was only ever one car on track at a time :(

Here's a couple for your perusla and feedback :)

IMG_6922 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

IMG_7279 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

IMG_7148 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

IMG_7167 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

IMG_6714 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

IMG_7168 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

IMG_6968 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

The full set can be found here, here

11 years 9 months ago #237785 by rmeyer7
Just in case I've never mentioned it before your panning work is pretty freaking awesome.

11 years 9 months ago #237816 by TheNissanMan
Thank you, my keeper rate is upto about 40% so getting happier with it. Just a case of getting the opportunity to practice which the media accreditation has helped with as can get better access to more events.

I've only made it to two events due to work commitments but hope to abuse it more throughout the year, especially as I have become better friends with the drit drivers, pretty much all the drivers in the Wimbledon thread are now all on facebook and talking regularly so get to hear whats going on outside of the event scene which helps :)

11 years 9 months ago #238085 by naveen0301
Wow...great shots :)

Naveen Sharma
0091-9910127172
Facebook: www.facebook.com/naveen0301

11 years 6 months ago #255816 by BrandyMaeD
Number two and number five are my favs! These are AWESOME!!!

11 years 6 months ago #255822 by Rob pix4u2
Love your work especially the Jaguar :judge:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 6 months ago #256778 by TheNissanMan
Thanks guys, sorry for the slow response :)

Always glad to hear peeps like the shots but would be really helpful if I knew why so I can learn what is good or what is not about a shot...

11 years 6 months ago #256794 by Scotty
The panning is decent, the cars are kind of blurry too...but I know how hard panning is. The shot of the car wheel in the rain is awesome. Needs a little punch though.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #256831 by TheNissanMan
Thanks Scotty, my panning shots do tend to be blurry on parts of the car due to shutter speed, I could shoot faster to get the whole car in focus and less background blur (such as No. 1) but tend to try and vary it a tad so was intentional :)

The wheel shot know what you mean, like it for some reason but I don't know why which is why I was after crit, think it may have been better if the car actually had some colour to it :(

11 years 6 months ago #256915 by Scotty

TheNissanMan wrote: Thanks Scotty, my panning shots do tend to be blurry on parts of the car due to shutter speed, I could shoot faster to get the whole car in focus and less background blur (such as No. 1) but tend to try and vary it a tad so was intentional :)

The wheel shot know what you mean, like it for some reason but I don't know why which is why I was after crit, think it may have been better if the car actually had some colour to it :(

Just to give you an idea. Delete it if you want.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
11 years 6 months ago #256917 by Stealthy Ninja
Scotty nailed it.
11 years 6 months ago #256998 by TheNissanMan
Nice edit :) My PP skills are non existent lol, I do much prefer that edit to the original :)

11 years 6 months ago #257052 by Scotty

TheNissanMan wrote: Nice edit :) My PP skills are non existent lol, I do much prefer that edit to the original :)

What do you use to edit?

I can walk you through on that one.

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257397 by TheNissanMan
CS5 is my s/w of choice atm :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024