Are you as HIGH as me?!?!

13 years 3 months ago #20217 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote: I think I may be as high as you today. Last night, the Camera Club of Richmond (VA) held it's annual banquet and awards ceremony. Our club has over 100 members, including some fantastic photographers. We had over 400 entries and were judged by three professionals from outside our area. Since it was my first year, I was in Group B (those that had not won multiple certificates in past years). We judge in slides, prints and digital categories.
I was fortunate enough to received 6 certificates.
Color Prints - Pictorial - 1st
Color Prints - Nature - 1st
Color Digital - Pictorial - 3rd
Color Digital - Nature - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Now I am more excited than ever about photography.
:banana:

You totally beat the other 2 people in the competition. :p

Seriously though, well done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baydream
13 years 3 months ago #20241 by Scotty
Well done, you deserve it. :judge:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20484 by Baydream

Karl Wertanen wrote: I live in a 2 story built in 1828... Built before Michigan officially became a state :patriot:

I assume you are not the original owner :)

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20489 by Karl Wertanen

Baydream wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote: I live in a 2 story built in 1828... Built before Michigan officially became a state :patriot:

LOL Of course i am! :toocrazy:

It's kinda crazy to think about how many families lived here.
My neighbors garage is the old carriage house that was once part of our property. The land was parceled up and sold.
13 years 3 months ago #20491 by Baydream

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Baydream wrote:

My neighbors garage is the old carriage house that was once part of our property. The land was parceled up and sold.

Wow. Post a photo or two. What history.:patriot:

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20497 by crystal
in the middle of 1 and 2. lol ...bi level
13 years 3 months ago #20498 by Baydream

cwightmanphotos wrote: in the middle of 1 and 2. lol ...bi level

Bi ? . Oh, bi level". Whew. :evil:

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20499 by crystal

Baydream wrote: I think I may be as high as you today. Last night, the Camera Club of Richmond (VA) held it's annual banquet and awards ceremony. Our club has over 100 members, including some fantastic photographers. We had over 400 entries and were judged by three professionals from outside our area. Since it was my first year, I was in Group B (those that had not won multiple certificates in past years). We judge in slides, prints and digital categories.
I was fortunate enough to received 6 certificates.
Color Prints - Pictorial - 1st
Color Prints - Nature - 1st
Color Digital - Pictorial - 3rd
Color Digital - Nature - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Now I am more excited than ever about photography.
:banana:

Congrats! :judge: :banana:
13 years 3 months ago #20500 by crystal

Baydream wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote: in the middle of 1 and 2. lol ...bi level

Bi ? . Oh, bi level". Whew. :evil:

Umm hmm well :whistle: lol:banana:
13 years 3 months ago #20504 by Karl Wertanen

Baydream wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Baydream wrote:

It's nothing spectacular and far from historically accurate. You can hardly tell it's anywhere near as old as it is (unless you are in the attic or the basement). At one point (early 1900's - 1910's) the whole house was gutted, walls and certain windows covered up, doorways removed, new rooms layed out, and the left side of the house was added on (kitchen and foyer). Under certain light you can tell by looking at the plaster walls where past walls, windows, and doors used to be. The front of the house had 3 windows going across the front and a couple more on the side (2nd story). The main level had 2 windows in the front (1 to the right of the center one you see in the pic) and another front door to the left of the existing window. When they added on the kitchen and foyer, they added the current front door (which enters into our foyer). In one area (2nd floor on the left side of the house above the porch near the corner), I peeled back some of the vinyl siding and found a small widow w/wooden shutters closed over it. They just sided right over it lol. On the inside where that little window is covered is where the current wall is for the closet in the master bedroom lol. The wall for the closet runs smack dab in the middle of that shuttered window and plastered over.
We moved in about 4 years ago. Bought it from the bank (foreclosure). The people who had it before us did all the major updates including new Pella windows, vinyl siding, rebuilt porch, new metal roof and chimney, new plumbing, new electrical, new furnace and A/C, new driveway, new garage, and an addition of a knotty pine hot tub room. We got a good deal on it too due to it being a foreclosure. The only things we need to do to it is insualte the walls and get the block style basement windows.

C:\fakepath\IMG_3389.jpg
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #20505 by Karl Wertanen

Baydream wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Baydream wrote:

It's nothing spectacular and far from historically accurate. You can hardly tell it's anywhere near as old as it is (unless you are in the attic or the basement). At one point (early 1900's - 1910's) the whole house was gutted, walls and certain windows covered up, doorways removed, new rooms layed out, and the left side of the house was added on (kitchen and foyer). Under certain light you can tell by looking at the plaster walls where past walls, windows, and doors used to be. The front of the house had 3 windows going across the front and a couple more on the side (2nd story). The main level had 2 windows in the front (1 to the right of the center window you see in the pic) and another front door to the left of the existing window. When they added on the kitchen and foyer, they added the current front door (which enters into our foyer). In one area (2nd floor on the left side of the house above the porch near the corner), I peeled back some of the vinyl siding and found a small widow w/wooden shutters closed over it. They just sided right over it lol. On the inside where that little window is covered is where the current wall is for the closet in the master bedroom lol. The wall for the closet runs smack dab in the middle of that shuttered window and plastered over.
We moved in about 4 years ago. Bought it from the bank (foreclosure). The people who had it before us did all the major updates including new Pella windows, vinyl siding, rebuilt porch, new metal roof and chimney, new plumbing, new electrical, new furnace and A/C, new driveway, new garage, and an addition of a knotty pine hot tub room. We got a good deal on it too due to it being a foreclosure. The only things we need to do to it is insulate the walls and get the block style basement windows.

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #20507 by Baydream

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Baydream wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Baydream wrote:

It's nothing spectacular and far from historically accurate. You can hardly tell it's anywhere near as old as it is (unless you are in the attic or the basement). At one point (early 1900's - 1910's) the whole house was gutted, walls and certain windows covered up, doorways removed, new rooms layed out, and the left side of the house was added on (kitchen and foyer). Under certain light you can tell by looking at the plaster walls where past walls, windows, and doors used to be. The front of the house had 3 windows going across the front and a couple more on the side (2nd story). The main level had 2 windows in the front (1 to the right of the center window you see in the pic) and another front door to the left of the existing window. When they added on the kitchen and foyer, they added the current front door (which enters into our foyer). In one area (2nd floor on the left side of the house above the porch near the corner), I peeled back some of the vinyl siding and found a small widow w/wooden shutters closed over it. They just sided right over it lol. On the inside where that little window is covered is where the current wall is for the closet in the master bedroom lol. The wall for the closet runs smack dab in the middle of that shuttered window and plastered over.
We moved in about 4 years ago. Bought it from the bank (foreclosure). The people who had it before us did all the major updates including new Pella windows, vinyl siding, rebuilt porch, new metal roof and chimney, new plumbing, new electrical, new furnace and A/C, new driveway, new garage, and an addition of a knotty pine hot tub room. We got a good deal on it too due to it being a foreclosure. The only things we need to do to it is insulate the walls and get the block style basement windows.

What a beautiful home.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20511 by Karl Wertanen

Baydream wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Baydream wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Baydream wrote:

What a beautiful home.

Appreciated!
We're going to plant some birch trees out front on the lawn in the spring also.
13 years 3 months ago #20512 by Baydream
What a beautiful home.[/quote]
Appreciated!
We're going to plant some birch trees out front on the lawn in the spring also.[/quote]
That will be a nice addition, not to mentioned a great subject to photograph.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20514 by crystal

Karl Wertanen wrote: It's nothing spectacular and far from historically accurate. You can hardly tell it's anywhere near as old as it is (unless you are in the attic or the basement). At one point (early 1900's - 1910's) the whole house was gutted, walls and certain windows covered up, doorways removed, new rooms layed out, and the left side of the house was added on (kitchen and foyer). Under certain light you can tell by looking at the plaster walls where past walls, windows, and doors used to be. The front of the house had 3 windows going across the front and a couple more on the side (2nd story). The main level had 2 windows in the front (1 to the right of the center one you see in the pic) and another front door to the left of the existing window. When they added on the kitchen and foyer, they added the current front door (which enters into our foyer). In one area (2nd floor on the left side of the house above the porch near the corner), I peeled back some of the vinyl siding and found a small widow w/wooden shutters closed over it. They just sided right over it lol. On the inside where that little window is covered is where the current wall is for the closet in the master bedroom lol. The wall for the closet runs smack dab in the middle of that shuttered window and plastered over.
We moved in about 4 years ago. Bought it from the bank (foreclosure). The people who had it before us did all the major updates including new Pella windows, vinyl siding, rebuilt porch, new metal roof and chimney, new plumbing, new electrical, new furnace and A/C, new driveway, new garage, and an addition of a knotty pine hot tub room. We got a good deal on it too due to it being a foreclosure. The only things we need to do to it is insualte the walls and get the block style basement windows.

C:\fakepath\IMG_3389.jpg

Sounds really nice.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024