What ISP (Internet Service Provider) do you have?

13 years 3 months ago #20590 by Foxy Girl
I'm currently with Roadrunner and just having a tough time with these guys. I think in the last month my internet has been down 4 times!

I guess I'm venting and starting to think the grass must be greener else where.

Speaking of which, what ISP are you with?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20640 by crystal
I have comcast. I don't want comcast, they are too much. Not expensive on the internet, but on the cable they are. However, the internet I have never had problems with.
13 years 3 months ago #20641 by crystal
My inlaws have Epix (i think they change their name to frontier). My inlaws internet goes down every time there is a storm. They live 30min north from me. If my area has a storm, my inlaws internet goes down. That would drive me nuts. I need to have access to the internet.
13 years 3 months ago #20666 by Alex
Cox communications, I was with AT&T. I've used Time Warner in the past and it was "ok", so far Sure West in Sacramento was the fastest internet I've had. Cox is setting up my new internet as we speak, so we will see about their speed soon enough.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20672 by Baydream
Just switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS in the States. In Canada, we used VROD (microwave-based) since there is no cable anywhere near the cottage.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20678 by Alex

Baydream wrote: Just switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS in the States. In Canada, we used VROD (microwave-based) since there is no cable anywhere near the cottage.

When I had Verizon, I was very happy with them. They were the only one at the time who offered fiber optic internet, and I have to say the speed was so fast!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20682 by Baydream

Alex wrote:

Baydream wrote: Just switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS in the States. In Canada, we used VROD (microwave-based) since there is no cable anywhere near the cottage.

When I had Verizon, I was very happy with them. They were the only one at the time who offered fiber optic internet, and I have to say the speed was so fast!

I have the 15/5 plan. For more $, I can get a 25/25 plan but that would be ridiculous for me.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20712 by Foxy Girl

Baydream wrote:

Alex wrote:

I have the 15/5 plan. For more $, I can get a 25/25 plan but that would be ridiculous for me.

How much do they charge for that?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20724 by Baydream

Foxy Girl wrote:

Baydream wrote:

Alex wrote:

How much do they charge for that?

I have the quad play (internet, TV, land phone and cell phone). The triple (without cell) is about $130/mo on a contract. I think they said the 25/25 was about $30 more if I am not mistaken.

I asked about the prices AFTER the contract period and the rep told me you just talk to them about another contract (like you do with cell phones) and they would negotiate.
Seems like lots of prices are negotiable in many stores. I went into Home Depot to order laminate flooring (1400 sq ft) and asked if they had a volume discount. The guy put the order in and the price came back (it was a special order item) $600 off - about 15%. Glad I asked.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20727 by Screamin Scott

cwightmanphotos wrote: I have comcast. I don't want comcast, they are too much. Not expensive on the internet, but on the cable they are. However, the internet I have never had problems with.

I also have Comcast & have had it for years...Their internet pricing is good, but as you say, their cable charges are ridiculously high & going up again :angry: ...I don't have phone service thru them though...I use Magic Jack...$20 a year..$40 for the 1st year & the unit that plugs into a USB port...You do need to have high speed internet though...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20753 by Travel Nut
Roadrunner also

13 years 3 months ago #20765 by Stealthy Ninja
You guys wouldn't know mine anyway. But it's PCCW.
13 years 3 months ago #20786 by crystal

Alex wrote:

We had verizon dsl business line for a few years before my husband was deployed to Iraq. We like it. Then again, we didn't have the typical dsl line, we need a static IP since we were running our own web servers in our home. They were my husband's babies. :)
13 years 3 months ago #20787 by crystal

Screamin Scott wrote: I also have Comcast & have had it for years...Their internet pricing is good, but as you say, their cable charges are ridiculously high & going up again :angry: ...I don't have phone service thru them though...I use Magic Jack...$20 a year..$40 for the 1st year & the unit that plugs into a USB port...You do need to have high speed internet though...

Yes, that is what I hate about comcast, their cable keeps going up. Ever since Comcast took over Adelphia in this area, the cable prices are increasing. I'm more on the internet then I am watching TV. I also wish I could take out channels and it would decrease my bill. We don't watch sports, we don't have an HD TV, so don't need those channels.

We don't have a phone line, we use only our cell phones.
13 years 3 months ago #20808 by Baydream

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Screamin Scott wrote: I also have Comcast & have had it for years...Their internet pricing is good, but as you say, their cable charges are ridiculously high & going up again :angry: ...I don't have phone service thru them though...I use Magic Jack...$20 a year..$40 for the 1st year & the unit that plugs into a USB port...You do need to have high speed internet though...

Yes, that is what I hate about comcast, their cable keeps going up. Ever since Comcast took over Adelphia in this area, the cable prices are increasing. I'm more on the internet then I am watching TV. I also wish I could take out channels and it would decrease my bill. We don't watch sports, we don't have an HD TV, so don't need those channels.

We don't have a phone line, we use only our cell phones.

All the TV services are out of control. 500 channels and sometimes not one worth watching. If you use gmail, there is always Google Phone for outgoing calls to the US and Canada. We seem to talk to our PCs a lot anyway, so why not have them talk back. :toocrazy:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024