So do you have another hobby other than photography?

13 years 2 months ago #23301 by P51
I love to cook as my primary hobby other than photography. How about you?

13 years 2 months ago #23318 by Baydream
Painting (acrylics) and woodworking. Also volunteering at a local TV station at their call-in center, teaching a class (Picasa) at an organization for seniors (50+), and getting ready to teach some photography to 9-12 yr-olds at a community center. Other than that, not much else.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23350 by Wi1tt13
Shooting tin cans.

13 years 2 months ago #23361 by Dan13lle
Haha, shooting tin cans. lol Do you really do that?

13 years 2 months ago #23362 by Wi1tt13
Yes I do. I use a BB rifle and shoot cans for fun. Not much else to do around these neck of woods in Mexico.

13 years 2 months ago #23363 by Dan13lle
I like to read.

13 years 2 months ago #23384 by Scotty

Baydream wrote: Painting (acrylics) and woodworking. Also volunteering at a local TV station at their call-in center, teaching a class (Picasa) at an organization for seniors (50+), and getting ready to teach some photography to 9-12 yr-olds at a community center. Other than that, not much else.

I've always wanted to work with wood, how long have you been doing it?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23399 by Baydream

Scotty wrote:

Baydream wrote: Painting (acrylics) and woodworking. Also volunteering at a local TV station at their call-in center, teaching a class (Picasa) at an organization for seniors (50+), and getting ready to teach some photography to 9-12 yr-olds at a community center. Other than that, not much else.

My Dad used to do some and I would watch him. I learned from watching and began when I was about 10. Guess that gives me about 55 years of experience but I don't do it continually. Have built some furniture (pie safe, kitchen table, storage rack for my photo equipment) plus some heavier building like decks and sheds.Can be lots of fun and you don't need a lot of equipment. I built the pie safe out on my deck since I did not have a shop. Just dragged the tools out. Seems look me longer to put them all away than it did to build the piece. :toocrazy:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23400 by Scotty

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote:

My Dad used to do some and I would watch him. I learned from watching and began when I was about 10. Guess that gives me about 55 years of experience but I don't do it continually. Have built some furniture (pie safe, kitchen table, storage rack for my photo equipment) plus some heavier building like decks and sheds.Can be lots of fun and you don't need a lot of equipment. I built the pie safe out on my deck since I did not have a shop. Just dragged the tools out. Seems look me longer to put them all away than it did to build the piece. :toocrazy:

That's awesome, I'm a tad jealous :cheers: You should post some pictures of your work, i'd be interested.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23411 by Richmorrisphotography
I play the alto sax, although since I picked up my first dslr I haven't really played as much as I should!

13 years 2 months ago #23416 by Scotty
For myself...Play guitar, Collect vintage video game systems, women, rock climbing.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23421 by Baydream

Scotty wrote: For myself...Play guitar, Collect vintage video game systems, women, rock climbing.

My Dad played the fiddle and organ and my son is great on the guitar. The "music" gene" skipped over me, that's for sure. I have trouble with the radio at times.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23423 by Scotty

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote: For myself...Play guitar, Collect vintage video game systems, women, rock climbing.

My Dad played the fiddle and organ and my son is great on the guitar. The "music" gene" skipped over me, that's for sure. I have trouble with the radio at times.

It's easy to teach yourself guitar nowadays with tablature.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23424 by Baydream

Scotty wrote:

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote:

That's awesome, I'm a tad jealous :cheers: You should post some pictures of your work, i'd be interested.

A quick snap of the pie safe. Fro those nit familiar with this piece of furniture, it was used to store pies. The punched tin panels on the front allowed air circulation without letting flys in.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #23426 by Scotty

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote:

A quick snap of the pie safe. Fro those nit familiar with this piece of furniture, it was used to store pies. The punched tin panels on the front allowed air circulation without letting flys in.

That's awesome. :judge:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baydream

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024