Would Colorado massacre change your opinion of seeing Batman?

11 years 9 months ago #241985 by geoffellis

Pettigrew wrote: The point is, people have the right to freedom which does include opinions. What right does it give you to call people idiots for exercising this God given right?

And my opinion... is that they are idiots. They have the right to express their opinion, and ive expressed mine. Seems to me though that you only expect the people you share an opinion with to have the right to an opinion.

And as far as Im concerned theres no such thing as a God given right.
The topic has been locked.
11 years 9 months ago #241988 by PhotographyTalk

geoffellis wrote:

Pettigrew wrote: The point is, people have the right to freedom which does include opinions. What right does it give you to call people idiots for exercising this God given right?

And my opinion... is that they are idiots. They have the right to express their opinion, and ive expressed mine. Seems to me though that you only expect the people you share an opinion with to have the right to an opinion.

Hi Goeff... please refer to our terms & conditions. We don't permit offensive remarks against other members on the site. There is a time and place for everything. Calling people names on this board isn't going to fly and looks poorly. Thank you for your understanding.

Alex

11 years 9 months ago #241991 by Pettigrew

geoffellis wrote:

You must be popular in your community. :blink: I'm sorry but thank goodness the majority of society doesn't think the way you do. This world would have been destroyed centuries ago. Cynical and constant negative attitude is a poor way to live.

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #241992 by geoffellis

PhotographyTalk wrote: Hi Goeff... please refer to our terms & conditions. We don't permit offensive remarks against other members on the site. There is a time and place for everything. Calling people names on this board isn't going to fly and looks poorly. Thank you for your understanding.

Alex

I may have missed something... I dont recall having explicitly insulted any particular member of this site. If anything i stated that anyone who held a certain opinion was an idiot/stupid.

So until we actually establish if anyone here actually holds that opinion, we dont even know if ive indirectly insulted a member.
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #241998 by geoffellis

Pettigrew wrote: You must be popular in your community. :blink: I'm sorry but thank goodness the majority of society doesn't think the way you do. This world would have been destroyed centuries ago. Cynical and constant negative attitude is a poor way to live.

Actually im willing to bet that the majority of people would agree with me on this. They may not say it as blatantly as I. But if not then theatre sales will plummet. Most people wont go because they are afraid of getting shot.

But i have a sneaking suspicion that the theatres will still sell out for a long time to come.

*edit* further more... i dont see how you logically come to the conclusion that believing that you wont get shot going to a movie is negative attitude, and believing that you might get shot at a movie theatre is a positive attitude? Thats just ass backwards in my opinion
11 years 9 months ago #242002 by PhotographyTalk

geoffellis wrote:

PhotographyTalk wrote: Hi Goeff... please refer to our terms & conditions. We don't permit offensive remarks against other members on the site. There is a time and place for everything. Calling people names on this board isn't going to fly and looks poorly. Thank you for your understanding.

Alex

I may have missed something... I dont recall having explicitly insulted any particular member of this site. If anything i stated that anyone who held a certain opinion was an idiot/stupid.

So until we actually establish if anyone here actually holds that opinion, we dont even know if ive indirectly insulted a member.

Geoff,

Enough with the theatrics... respect my wishes please. I'm getting buried with emails from people who are getting tired of your tactics... Let's not play games. As I've said... there's a time and place for everything. Calling directly or referencing other members as "idiots" won't be permitted. If the table was turned and someone was calling you names... I would step up to prevent this as well. So again... please respect my wishes.

Much respect,

Alex

11 years 9 months ago #242026 by chasrich
Statistically speaking... This reminds me of a old axiom. It seems a programmer was just finishing up a project that had taken months to develop. It was a system that would have access to all types of airline statistics like on time arrivals, late departures, delays due to maintenance, traffic patterns and all sorts of information on a wide variety of subjects related to airplanes. This programmer was a white knuckle flyer and was nervous about his flight home. While testing the parameters of the database by asking the program questions he asked what his odds were of getting on a plane with a bomb. The computer did its calculations and came up with a billion to one. Nothing to worry about but just to be thorough he asked what he might due to increase his chances.... the computer had a viable solution - carry your own bomb. The odds of getting on a plane with two bombs was a billion, billion to one (quadrillion?).

Statics can be bent, folded and spindled to say anything. What it comes down to is do you feel safe? Personally, I'm gonna be packing heat if I'm nervous about a situation but I want to go anyway. I'm curious though about how much this incident will effect ticket sales. I believe it will keep a lot of people home for the near future at least when it comes to the movies.

I know I'm an idiot... I pride myself on it! Save yourself from Carpal Tunnel and possible banishment Geoff by making that point. :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024